Another PF Kent Buys a GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another PF Kent Buys a GTR

Yep, I just bought this R32 GTR. I've wanted one of these for donkey's years and the price of them seems to be going through the roof lately. I spotted this one in Byron Bay on Facebook about a month ago and managed to snap it up. It's in pretty good nick, but has a few issues to be fixed up. The guy I bought it off had it for 5 years and kept it maintained. The guy he bought it off did all the mods, so he's not 100% sure what's done to it. Apparently it has 400HPatw and the turbos are supposedly N1 of some variety. I haven't yet had a chance to determine for sure. It definitely goes hard (comes on boost around 4000rpm). Other mods that I can tell are Z32 AFMs, ~850cc injectors, usual exhaust with split dumps, Apexi and HKS hard pipe kit, pod filters in a poxy looking airbox. Suspension wise it's got Tein coilovers, HICAS remove bar, castor adjustment and aftermarket upper control arms of some sort.

So it pretty much has all the mods done that I would do, so my plan is to look after it, tidy it up and enjoy it.

Things to fix:
    * Aircon only blows on the windscreen and is not cold.
    * Apexi AVCR seems to show -760 the whole time. I spotted a vacuum hose was popped off, but that doesn't seem to have helped.
    * Dash has the standard dash bubble and a few wear marks. I think I'll replace it.
    * Small patches of rust on the rear right wheel arch and under the left hand mirror, dents on the bonnet. If anyone knows a good rust repair / spray painter guy in Brisbane, let me know.

What computer? Looks like std gtr afm to me, z32 are bigger diameter and don't fit hence why nismo make z32 element in std body, have these in my r32
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

So buying a GTR was not an easy decision, because we have two young kids. We've had a Stagea 260RS for 8 years and it's been an awesome car. Just perfect for the family. We're still deciding whether to part with the Stagea or not. In any case, I was determined to prove the kids can ride in the GTR if required. First job for today was to install the anchor points and take the kids for a spin. Despite no aircon they loved it and fell asleep after 20 mins.

The compliance centre installs nuts under the parcel tray. Just need to install the top part. Thankfully, they just clear the speakers. Only just.

Thankfully my wife and I are short-arses, so no leg room issues in the back..

While I was messing around in the boot, I noticed some rust marks under the rear windscreen trim. I pulled it off to inspect further. It doesn't look too bad, but I'll have to sort it out soon.

And you've gotta love random Jap electronics... This thing appears to be a little subwoofer or something. It's made by Panasonic and has a picture of a speaker with 4 Ohm.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
        What computer? Looks like std gtr afm to me, z32 are bigger diameter and don't fit hence why nismo make z32 element in std body, have these in my r32
        It's got a Power FC. I was looking through the settings on it and it says VG30 AFMs.

Comment

Looks pretty tidy, minor rust ain't the end of the world given where they came from and how great factory paint is after a quarter of a century.

Comment

Thanks mate. Yeah, it looks pretty tidy in the photos. It is 24 years old now, so a bit of rust and wear is to be expected I guess. The interior is pretty grubby and worn, but I'll fix it up over time. There are a few blemishes around the body. I think I'll get the worst of them fixed when the rust is repaired.

Man, it's good to drive though. Is way faster and more nimble than the Stagea. To be expected I guess.

Comment

I'll have to confirm part numbers on those AFMs. Maybe some wally has tuned the Power FC with the wrong AFMs. It definitely looks like standard piping between AFMs and turbos.

Comment

Comment

Nice purchase. That looks really tidy. You won't need to change much, as it is. Just make sure the turbos are N1, and in good condition. Don't turn the boost up. 400 is perfect for these.

See Cameron's Bodyworks at Coopers Plains for rust and paint repairs. 3277 3475
                  The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

very nice. the R32 silver really suits the lines on these IMHO. despite the rust (they all have it) it looks really clean. makes mine look like a dog lol.

when you get a chance, go over all the stuff that was done for ADR. there were quite a few dodgy hack jobs done. mine included
                    Originally posted by Rdyno
                    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                    Originally posted by Tripper
                    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Awesome. Thanks guys. I like the silver too. If anyone has a spare timing belt cover and bolts let me know. The seller reckons the car originally had 480HP and he took it to a mechanic to be detuned, because it was too much of an animal. The mechanic removed the covers expecting to find adjustable cam gears. Who knows if this is true or BS.

Comment

Sweet car
                        Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

I can confirm the AFMs are not Z32. The part numbers match RB26. Lol

Comment

And in other news, the cable to the boost control solenoid has been cut for some random reason.

Comment

Oh and someone has also chopped the boost sensor cable. It's like someone has half installed a the AVCR

Comment

Working...
                              X