Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy
    replied
    OK, so while I was under the car installing the oil pressure sensor, I noticed a split CV boot which I replaced. It was a prick to get the CV out of the splined shaft. Ghetto CV puller required...

While I was doing the CV, I discovered the ball joints and tie rod end boots were also torn, so I replaced these with OEM items.

Somewhere around this time I ran into Robbie Goddard who has started up For the Drivers. All they do are GTR recos and parts. He did his own reco which is documented on SAU. He sourced the ball joints etc for me.

So while I was on a trail of fixing shit, I thought I'd check over the rest of the car. This has led to a bit of a spiral....

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Well, it's definitely time I update this thread. A lot has happened with this car in the past 6 months or so. I'll try and bring you up to date over a few posts.

So the first thing that happened in mid 2019 was this:

With the help of Jason Broadhurst we installed a plugin Adaptronic with fuel pressure, oil pressure and an Innovate wideband.

We got as far as giving it a few street tunes and it already shits all over the old Power FC. It started first go after plugging in the ECU. There is noticeably more power down low and through the mid-range and I can hear the turbos are spooling earlier. They really came on late before (like 5000rpm). General driveability is so much better.
    Last edited by Willy; 05-01-20, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    No worries!

Leave a comment:

• I'm DJ!
    replied
    Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
    Emtron KV8 is a very strong recommendation from me. I'm loving it.
    Also keen on one of these.

And updates.

Willy, pm me next time you head out, need to bring the a70 for a comparison run

Leave a comment:

• Jason Broadhurst
    replied
    The idle can be setup to be almost ok, it only take about 2 hours and an initialisation and relearn.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• burn is weird
    replied
    Emtron KV8 is a very strong recommendation from me. I'm loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• burn is weird
    replied
    I demand an update

Leave a comment:

• irsa76
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy View Post
    Pretty sure the cops use Laser these days, not radar
    Mobile units still use radar, and they still use the detector detector, fuck that is a crap name.
    That said, if the unit is off they won't find it unless they physically search the car. But if they do find it, bend over.

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    There's a set near me around the same price so I'd say that's market.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Originally posted by kedderz View Post
    What you pay for the seats if you don't mind sharing?
    To be honest, too much. $1100. They came up for sale on the Gold Coast. Photos looked better than they were, but I'd driven an hour to get them, so bit the bullet anyway. Drivers seat is much better than mine, although the bolster on the right was soft. I took it to an upholsterer who fixed it for $140. The passengers side is pretty similar to the current one in condition, so I'll pick the best, give it a thorough clean and then sell the old pair.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Surprisingly my loom isn't too bad. All that's on there is the AVCR and there's evidence something was tapped onto the speed cable at some point. Also someone cut the corner off the fuse box cover under the dash. Presumably to run a cable to something.

Leave a comment:

• burn is weird
    replied
    all imported 32s need to have 14 different aftermarket electrical boxes doing all kinds of weird shit scotchlok spliced onto a crusty as fuck loom or you're missing out on all the fun

Leave a comment:

• Shonky
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy View Post
    Pretty sure the cops use Laser these days, not radar
    Speed cameras are Ka band I think.

The handholds are laser though and for the most part by the time the detector catches it, it's too late.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X