Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy
    replied
    I trecked down to Byron today to visit the previous owner. He had a spare key (genuine GTR), timing belt cover (complete with gecko shit) and a dyno sheet. It looks like he took the timing belt cover off to polish it. I'll be repainting it as close to stock as possible.

The dyno sheet shed some light on the history of the car. The good thing to see is that it was tuned by a reputable tuner. You can see there are 4 runs here. Two in 2009 and two in 2011. The previous owner took it over in 2011 I think. The mods were done by the owner before him (~2009). For some reason the previous owner wanted to get it de-tuned. So here is the result. 404HP with the original owner in 2009 and 355HP with the guy I bought it off in 2011. Notice it was running 1.3 bar (which was what I saw set in the AVCR) even in 2011. So this means the boost controller cables were cut during the time the previous owner had the car. I asked him about it and he said he didn't do it and has no idea who did. How weird.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Yeah longer term, I reckon I'll replace the power fc and AVCR with a modern ECU.

Leave a comment:

• fatz
    replied
    Burn avcr

Move on

Leave a comment:

• Datto-Zed
    replied
    So how does it go on 2 bar?

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    So I just read the AVCR manual. Idiot! It looks like the unit has either forgotten its settings or was never setup. That explains it! I also know how to disable the boost control properly now so I can find out what boost I get from actuators alone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X