Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGTC
    replied
    Not many R chassis in the world given that sort of attention to the undercarriage, would be a different type of joy being able to drive the end result knowing the work gone into it.
    Last edited by JGTC; 22-07-20, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fly510
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy View Post
    Yeah, don’t look at the engine bay....
    bays on GTR's are hard work to get OCD levels of clean & tidy.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Yeah, don’t look at the engine bay....

Leave a comment:

• burn is weird
    replied
    Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
    This thing is off the chain
    Well this is high praise. Ordained by the OCD Pope himself.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    It’s handling great now everything is sorted. Is quite firm, but gives lots of feedback. Brakes are so much better than before.

Greenies at work didn’t care too much. I ride my pushy 25km to work most of the time, so it almost cancels out. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• garvice
    replied
    How did the Greenies at your work likeylike showing up in yet another modified petrol car?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Driving it to work must have felt great.

How is she handling now that its been aligned?

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    This thing is off the chain

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Yeah, it's nice to drive now. I've got it booked in for the dyno on the 12th of August. Can't wait! I've been driving around on 1 bar since I bought it (like 3+ years ago).

Leave a comment:

• yohoes
    replied
    Amazing work, undercarriage is just ridiculously well done

Leave a comment:

• Rascasse
    replied
    So awesome that’s it’s coming together.

Nice pickup in relation to the rear strut top, that combined with diff being run in ought to make it an all together nicer thing to drive?!

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Well, there were a couple of teething issues that caused nasty clunks in the back end. First, the sway bar was hitting the tailshaft on large bumps. Fixed. Secondly, the top of the rear right coilover was rattling around. It turns out that when the body shop removed the subframe, they just undid the single strut top bolt instead of removing the two flange nuts. When they put it back together, they left the rubber bush out. I had seen it floating around the boot and wondered what it was. All sorted now. I also went and did figure-8s and the diff is good and quiet now. I also hit up Rorge for some new brake pads and installed these on Wednesday night. The car had a wheel alignment last week. The toe was 15mm on one side at 20mm on the other. No wonder it was so bad. The guys at the shop were very impressed. He said they all spent some time having a good look at it.

Finally, yesterday was the first time I drove it to work. I've worked there for nearly a year now and no-one had seen the Skyline. It drove perfectly. Happy days. A minor whine in the diff from 70-90. Hopefully it goes away.

The next stop is the dyno to wind the boost up and finally tune the Adaptronic

Leave a comment:

• HSV Senator
    replied
    What a fantastic result! Such a sweet car. This thread was an awesome read.

Leave a comment:

• garvice
    replied
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Looks nice. Was the wheel done with leatherique?

I do that on the side they come out nice but aren’t super hard wearing compared to a re-trimmed wheel especially if you have rings on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X