No announcement yet.

Another PF Kent Buys a GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've probably got some -5's laying around somewhere, let me know if you're interested.

Comment

This is not helping me and my itching for a turbo Group A-era car (now that good E30 M3s are out of my price range)

Comment

Thanks mate. I'm right for now. Not 100% sure what turbos are on there now, but will get it on the dyno to see how they go.

Comment

Very tidy. Much jealous.
          Originally posted by Jack Nicholson
          Just when you think you've seen all the retardation humanity has to offer.....

Comment

Timmy sucking down a Milton mango at 7 AM lol.
            Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

That thing is awesome. Nice and clean.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Comment

Milton mango means coffee?
                POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Thanks all. It's a fairly honest example for it's age. Definitely has a few rust spots that need fixing and a few minor issues. Will fix it up over time. Still gotta get around to putting my Stagea on the market. Don't really wanna sell it, but that's life..

Comment

I dropped into Broadtune tonight and stole a relay off his GTR. He says I'll have to give it back in 10 years. The aircon compressor now runs, but it's not super cold. Definitely cooler than ambient, but not super cold. I'll have to dig further. It most likely will need more gas. I doubt it's worked for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                      Timmy sucking down a Milton mango at 7 AM lol.
                      Was probably already 28 degrees at 6:30 anyway.

Top purchase Timmy, I have wanted a 32 GTR forever and will be living vicariously through this thread for some time.
                      Originally posted by Dimi
                      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                        I dropped into Broadtune tonight and stole a relay off his GTR. He says I'll have to give it back in 10 years. The aircon compressor now runs, but it's not super cold. Definitely cooler than ambient, but not super cold. I'll have to dig further. It most likely will need more gas. I doubt it's worked for years.

Get Stefan from Dunavia air con on the southside to have a look. The guy is brilliant and really well priced. He'll make it perfect.

0412 125 512. Mention Chris Williams.
                        The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks mate. I appreciate it. Always good to go to someone who doesn't run the other way when they see a Jap import.

Comment

Today I fixed the boost controller. As I mentioned earlier for some reason, someone had cut the actuator and sensor off. No idea why and it looks like they did a really rough job of it. I found the other end of the cables down a hole on the passengers side. Managed to fish them out and pull a bit more length through.

Dusted off the soldering iron and with a bit of heat shrink it was like new...

I just took it for a spin and bugger me, it's an absolute animal now. I need to read up on the AVCR though. I don't think it's working properly. The boost was previously set to 1.3 bar. Initially, I set it to 0.4 just to see how much boost I was previously getting with the actuators only. I took it for a spin and it overshot to like 1.6 bar! Not sure why. I'll have to dig further. I didn't rev it out. Didn't want to cause damage, but it seemed to pull cleanly and the Power FC didn't detect any knock. I'll have to get it on a dyno soon.

The actuators are HKS, which I believe should give 1 bar. Stock gauge says 600 mm Hg which is about 12psi (but we all know how reliable the stock gauge is).

Comment

I contacted the previous owner today and he reckons the boost controller always showed -760 mm Hg the whole time he had it. Who knows when or why the cables were cut...

In other news, the previous owner also told me he found an old dyno sheet with a 405 HP run. He also has found the timing belt cover. Hooray! Happy day.

Aircon is going well, too

Comment

Good work mate!

Comment

Working...
                                X