Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Fuck that's looking good!

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Originally posted by garvice View Post
    After isolation lockdown I want a passenger ride/short cruise please?
    For sure!

Leave a comment:

• yohoes
    replied
    This is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• garvice
    replied
    After isolation lockdown I want a passenger ride/short cruise please?

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Thanks guys. Nearly there!!

Leave a comment:

• garvice
    replied
    Looking great!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Great update

Almost there

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    I had call from the painter on Friday to come and inspect the underside before they put the subframe back on. Very, very impressed. They've even repainted the underbody coating for that OEM finish.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    I managed to escape to the garage a few times over Easter.

ATTESSA pump parts repainted. Pretty happy with those these have come up.

I also repainted the driveshafts and replaced the boots. Really happy with how good these look.

Finally, I managed to clean up enough room in the garage to make space for arrival of the GTR. The number of Skyline parts being stored on the GT40 is starting to fall

Even found a hidey hole for the new hydraulic jack. My garage really is a game of tetris.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    During the week just gone, they shifted attention to the underside. I asked them to straighten up the chassis rails.

And they discovered yet more rust. This time through the floor near the passenger's seat...

It was all fixed in about a day.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Then these were taken a few weeks later in the carpark. I am really happy with how it's turning out. I opted for a new windscreen (the old one had a crooked antenna wiring running through it and always annoyed me) and new tint all around. We're waiting on side skirt clips so they can go back on.

And the diff came back from getting a rebuild with new Nismo LSD plates. I took it to Gearbox & Diff Industries in Kedron. Steve the owner is a good old-school diff guy. He chatted to me about oils etc for about an hour. Really happy with how the diff is looking.

Leave a comment:

• garvice
    replied
    Nice, so if that was 3 weeks ago what does it look like now?

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Time for an update. This was taken about 3 weeks ago. It looks amazing!

They found a few more rust spots here and there that they've fixed. They also spent a fair bit of time repairing the N1 bonnet lip. These things are like $900 new and all of the studs snapped off mine. They managed to get new studs and glue them back in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X