JZA80 - Mambo Number 5! The Silver Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Sorry to thread hijack, but how many kms did you put on them, mate? Are they knocking?
    Bought them refurbed off of SupraWA member when the car was imported, they were like new then, they've got ~45,000kms on them over the last ~10 years. Boots need replacement, no knocking that I recall (have been stuck in Vic the last 6 months so can't check the car), no leaks that I recall. Wouldn't mind either replacing with something current or replacing the boots.

Figured what's on Mambo Number 5 might be suitable! :D
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

The new hotness seems to be the HKS v.4, although many are still using the KW v.3 (keep in mind they dont come with the top hats.

If I was you, I would be considering MCA, as theyre Ozzy made, and highly regarded from all the reviews I have read. You could reach out to them and let them know the type of use your car sees, and they will recommend you something with valving and spring rate to suit

Sorry, Shane, Hijack over hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
        Looks mint!

What suspension are you running these days? Think my Cusco Zero 2e's are up for replacement/refurb.

Cheers man! I Loved the ZERO 2E on my old one. I just have a set of old Ohlins man, not even monotube. They run Swift springs, 12kg.
        Originally posted by The Property Guru
        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
        Originally posted by oxy
        No, that's asians
        A80 Supra
        80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
          I just have a set of old Ohlins man
          Best humble brag ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
            I Loved the ZERO 2E on my old one. I just have a set of old Ohlins man, not even monotube. They run Swift springs, 12kg.
            Ohlins would be sweet. Ever had to have them refurbed? Do you source any suspension ex Japan?

The new hotness seems to be the HKS v.4, although many are still using the KW v.3 (keep in mind they dont come with the top hats.

If I was you, I would be considering MCA, as theyre Ozzy made, and highly regarded from all the reviews I have read. You could reach out to them and let them know the type of use your car sees, and they will recommend you something with valving and spring rate to suit

Will have a gander, thanks man!

'13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Yeah man, I get from Japan in our containers.

Na these are proper old, but seem to be pretty good aha
              Originally posted by oxy
              No, that's asians
              A80 Supra
              80 Landcruiser

Comment

Broght in a a few SR2 Recaros to sell, found a mint single, and swpped it out for my driver side as it wasnt in the best nick.
                Original

Replacement vs Original

World of difference!

Also, tyres were all flat due to lack of use...put some air in with the compressor then took it for a quick drive to the servo!

Originally posted by oxy
                No, that's asians
                A80 Supra
                80 Landcruiser

Comment

The new seat looks like the ones in the Supra options sales brochure!!!

Fucken MINT

Comment

Nice work on sourcing the seat, what a difference it makes to the overall look of the interior.

The Supra's looking so good!

Comment

Ive never understood Toyota's logic in the rear end being off centre like it is. All they needed to do was make one half shaft slightly shorter, or longer, so that both wheels sit in the same position relevant to the rear wheel arches. lol
                      wait, what?
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

wait, what?
                        I think he is saying "why is the diff offset?" because it has to be, as the gearbox / tailshaft is in the center of the car, and for the input wheel on the diff to be centered, it would have to sit above or below the diff itself, meaning it has to go to one side, so the diff input flange is in the middle of the car, and the crownwheel is off-center, so the axles are different length. What I think he means is "why does the whole rear subframe sit off-center like every 90s RWD Jap car I'm-looking-at-you-also-Silvias-and-Skylines". But this could be a fush and chup situation, I'm not sure.

O/T

Nice car and nice seats. I am filled with sadness from selling my Recaro Le Mans pre-current price boom, and also regretting selling all of the $50 Bride seats I picked up for $100, which was killer profit margin back in the day.

Comment

Fuck that's a good looking car.
                          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post

I think he is saying "why is the diff offset?" because it has to be, as the gearbox / tailshaft is in the center of the car, and for the input wheel on the diff to be centered, it would have to sit above or below the diff itself, meaning it has to go to one side, so the diff input flange is in the middle of the car, and the crownwheel is off-center, so the axles are different length. What I think he means is "why does the whole rear subframe sit off-center like every 90s RWD Jap car I'm-looking-at-you-also-Silvias-and-Skylines". But this could be a fush and chup situation, I'm not sure.

O/T
                            No, what I meant is that there are plenty of Supra owners who have noticed a phenomenon where one of their rear wheels sits closer to the rear guard lip than the wheel on the other side, which has nothing to do with different axle lengths and diff offset etc that you explained already. It would be easily explained away if the rear subframe was able to be adjusted, but in order to have any lateral adjustment in the subframe, you will need to physically cut slots into the bolt holes to get any meaningful movement. Some thought that it was a case of worn bushes, but that was put to bed when new arms were installed and alignments were performed, and the different positions of the rear wheel to guard remained. Its also been noticed to a lesser degree on the front wheels too...

*twilight zone music*

Comment

Creeping up on 5 years ownership of this car, and I have only put 8000km on her lol

Somoene put a WTB Meisters thread up on FB and I showed them mine, and for teh right price id let them go, the guy was ahming and aring for about 2 weeks, so I thought he probably wont buy them. I took the car for a drive, took a couple of pics, got back home to see that he has transferred the $$ for them. Here are the pics I took:

So I have a warehouse full of wheels, but nothing to suit this car, that would clear the factory brakes (Most of the stuff we have is 13-15" now a days! I had to find something quick. I originally wanted Silver CE28N or BBS LM, but 1 its hard to find especially in a staggered setup, and 2, they are too expensive. I spoke to our friend Aaron at Import Monster, and he had a set of Weds TC105N in stock. I love them, just not the colour. I wish they came in that original champaign the TC105N came in, but I had to get something. These are pretty light too, i weghed the 10.5" at 8.2KG and the Meister 10.5" was 10.1kg.

So here they are, XXR Copies some will say lol..
                              TC05X
                              18 x 9.5 +25
                              18 x 10.5 +25
                              I carried the tyres over from the Meisters.

Heaps of brake clearance

Originally posted by oxy
                              No, that's asians
                              A80 Supra
                              80 Landcruiser

Comment

I like the colour, the wheels look good

Comment

Working...
                                X