RS - Budget performer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep former RS Lib owner here too, so much better than the WRX IMHO.

Comment

Another basic mod I did a while ago was to fit an Apexi 45 degree intake resonator delete, and a gen 2 Liberty air box.
      So that covers the engine mods, exhaust, chip and intake. Considering these came standard with 147kw at the engine, I would probably hazard a guess it would now be close to this at the wheels.
      Not a power house, but over the last couple of years I have achieved a 1st and a 2nd in class, and a 10th outright out of 52 cars at the Gunnedah hill climb. So I'm pretty chuffed with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Py51dCh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	7085973

Name:	ncN7439.jpg
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	7085970Click image for larger version

Name:	1ZRZchz.jpg
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	7085971

Name:	fZKYumK.png
Size:	524.8 KB
ID:	7085972
      Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:11 PM.

Comment

That pretty much brings us up to date.
        The next mod should arrive in the mail next week, Whiteline front roll centre/bump steer correction kit.
        Apparently good for lowered cars.
        Also, I have ordered some new track tyres, as the ADVANS have one more event left in them.
        After some research and pricing, the Toyo R888R's Review well, but at $398 a tyre, that's a bit rich for my budget. ADVAN AD050, $415 a tyre. No.
        So I've settled on some Nankang AR-1's. $158 per tyre. They should arrive in the next couple of weeks, will be interesting to see how they perform, they look the goods.
        Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Damn that looks clean! Nice one mate.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
          PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Potsy View Post
            so much better than the WRX IMHO.
            Why do people say this?
            I've had 2 sedans and a wagon, and an 03 wrx Hatch.
            The Wrx is so far ahead of the liberty in everyway imaginable.
            So why "in your opinion" is it better than a Wrx?
            Compared to the very first Wrx 94-95 maybe since they had that shit tweed interior. But why are you saying so much better?

Comment

Originally posted by TT View Post
              Why do people say this?
              I've had 2 sedans and a wagon, and an 03 wrx Hatch.
              The Wrx is so far ahead of the liberty in everyway imaginable.
              So why "in your opinion" is it better than a Wrx?
              Compared to the very first Wrx 94-95 maybe since they had that shit tweed interior. But why are you saying so much better?
              I've never owned any. But I would say it's because they are more low profile than a WRX so less attention from police. Lower insurance. Most things from a WRX bolt into them and there are more of them that haven't been owned by habibs than WRXs.
              I would assume if you were making a race car though, in an ideal world you would start with a WRX.
              Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Apart from subtle looks it doesn't do anything better than a rex

Comment

they look a billion times better than a WRX for a start. id bet they are more comfortable too.
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

So just looks. Comfort? It's same same

Comment

Originally posted by TT View Post
                      So just looks. Comfort? It's same same
                      no, its a personal opinion, which you are currently shitting on in the poor blokes thread.
                      Originally posted by Rdyno
                      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                      Originally posted by Tripper
                      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Fuck off retard. How am i shitting on the thread. I love these cars. I was asking why people say they are better than a Wrx. As in the reason. If it's looks, that's great.

Comment

Very tidy rig and tasteful mods. Good to see it tracked. Be interested how you find the nankang to a worn 050.

Comment

love to hear some feedback on The Nakangs AR-1 GNGBNG, if only they made a few more sizes.

Comment

That looks freakin' great! Awesome to see another Subi on here Well done on the track results and very keen to see how the Nankangs go too. Another good option are Hankook Rs3's which I've run with good results at out local hillclimb.

Keep the updates coming!

Comment

So another day at the track.
                                Didn't get a new PB unfortunately, but did get a third in class.
                                I'll put the lack of new PB down to the tyres, down to the canvas at the end of the day.
                                Looking forward to putting the AR-1's through the paces when they arrive.

Name:	LvcHFOc.jpg
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	7085976Click image for larger version

Name:	3jP10VE.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	7085975
                                Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X