RS - Budget performer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've had the tyre removed and done a little repairing. I thinks its about as good as ill get it without filing to much off.

Also, my tyres arrived.
    On first impressions they look great, round and black.
    They do look smaller than the Advans I have, but I have gone down a profile 50 to 45.
    Even though both are a 205, the Nankang's are a narrower tyre.
    Of course the real test will be at the next track day, which is April I think.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1XSUhgz.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	7085980
    Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TT View Post
      Lol. All the usual sickos appear in the RS thread. Just missing Marty and Al
      Oh i've been here since this thread went up... how good are these things!!

Comment

these are a bucket list car for me, and this is pretty well exactly how I would want one. awesome.
        Originally posted by Mr Jones
        Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Just fitted up the Whiteline ball joints and tie rod ends.
          Just need a wheel alignment now.

Name:	image_110050.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	7085983
          Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:19 PM.

Comment

win! looks like you're going about it the right way! MY98 are the latest heads that will still fit with the original inlet manifold - or you can convert to a MY98 inlet for the under manifold entry.

i still miss my wagon. if i wasn't building the bmw i reckon i would do a V7 STi driveline conversion on another wagon. get rid off all the old shit in one go.
            '71 BMW 2002 - restoration
            '14 Colorado 4x4 dual cab - reliability

Originally posted by Marv
            my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle
            :rotflol:

Comment

Supposedly the tie rod ends you have with embossed logo fix the marked drop in quality Whiteline experienced when they moved production to China. That's their claim anyway, at least they acknowledge the problem. Spam: I have a spare set of alloy gc8 sti control arms I'll sell cheap cheap if you're interested

Comment

AR-1 Comp Semi slick

Brand new semi-slick comp tyre
                Sticky compound
                Treadwear: 80

Jesus.

Comment

So, take two, thanks to aerobrick.
                  I now have the STi alloy control arms fitted and new swaybar endlinks to suit.
                  I gave them a clean with some soapy steel wool and they came up amazing.
                  I have also flipped the mounts which in turn increases the castor.

Name:	QYSTBqx.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	7085985
                  Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Pretty much my dream example of one of these cars. Thanks for posting it up!
                    Get your hands off my penis!

Comment

Same here except wagon! So cool.
                      Originally posted by thebluerx7
                      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Yep. My mechanical set up in one of these wagons would be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                        Torque sells tow cars.
                        Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

The extra castor has definitely pushed the wheels forward more, luckily no clearance issues.

Just took it for a drive (I've been having withdrawals as its been about 40 days since my last spin) Bit hard to tell any difference with out driving like an idiot on public roads. I'll get the wheel alignment done and wait until I get it on the track and see how it goes in terms of understeer, oversteer or bump steer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You'll notice better initial turn in. Car looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally got my wheel repaired and painted, and it is currently getting its new tyres fitted up as I type (Nankang AR-1)
                              The RS is booked in for a wheel alignment tomorrow, and come Sunday, ill be on the local track to see if I can beat my previous PB, cant wait.

In other news, I start a new job on the 1st of May which means no more company car, so I've been half arse looking around for a cheap shitter to get me to and from work.
                              Then the other day, this was traded in at work:
                              1993 Subaru Liberty GX Rallye manual.
                              One owner, full books, 225kms and really tidy
                              Attached Files

Comment

Lol. This is great

Comment

Working...
                                X