RS - Budget performer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invidia, STi, Subaru.... they all sound like a disease.

Comment

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
      This is another short YouTube clip nopics filmed of me sending it through the hairpin at the same hillclimb.
      https://youtu.be/I-A1F75WpJU
      That looks and sounds so good around that corner.

btw. don't invidia make graphic cards?
      Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

So the exhaust is fitted up.

Sound is a little bit louder than the X-Force, not by much though.

Apparently there was a fair amount of chopping and changing to make it fit, but its done now.

I'll see how my OCD goes with it mounted not completely level.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	MWoQZW8.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	7086002
        Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Edit: Commodore related info removed to other thread

Comment

Edit: Commodore related info removed to other thread

Comment

So after the fitment of the new cat back exhaust, it sounds as though there is a leak from the gasket between the turbo and dump pipe.
              Better upgrade the turbo then.
              A used TD05H turbo off an early model WRX has conveniently appeared on social media, an easy upgrade, so its in the mail on the way to my place.
              From what i have researched, it will bolt straight up as it has the 90 degree elbow on the intake side like the standard VF12.
              Car should handle it ok i think, as i aleady have the bigger fuel pump, upgraded coils and VOS chip.

Comment

Yup all good across the board. They love a TD05.
                Originally posted by brasher
                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

The turbo turned up a couple of weeks ago, all seems healthy to me, minimal shaft play, no cracks, no sludgy oil in oil lines etc.
                  Just a quick question regarding the studs that hold the dump pipe to the exhaust housing.
                  Two studs have questionable thread on them, so i figure just replace them.
                  Are these studs reverse thread into the housing or normal thread.
                  I have been soaking the studs with WD40 so hopefully they will come out when i find a couple of bolts that suit the thread.
                  Last edited by GNGBNG; 28-10-19, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I have started the turbo swap, i got the the old studs out and fitted some new ones.
                    Removal of the VF12 turbo has shown there is definitley a faulty gasket between the turbo and dump, right around where a bolt is missing.
                    Closer inspection also revealed that there is a slight leak in the up pipe, so i have found another one on facefuck, so currently waiting for that to turn up.

TD05 on the left, VF12 on the right

Suspect up pipe

Comment

Does this have a later model shorter geared box and diff?
                      Stock Aus ratios and td05 is gonna make you hate life

Comment

Yes, it still has the original gearbox.
                        I hope the additional powers slightly makes up for the increased lag.
                        A six speed would be awesome, but I canít see that within the budget for a long time.

Comment

I went from a td05 to a gt2871r and improved my spool up. Strong units but very old technology.

Still they get the job job done.
                          Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                          You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

The usual struggle, trying to find time and waiting on parts.
                            I managed to find an up pipe to replace the worn out one, an X-Force stainless piece.

Next issue was the new studs i got were a little bit to long and got in the way of the dump pipe. So out came the grinder and knocked the top off those two studs.

This little shit has a habit of taking tools out of the shed, 14mm spanner eventually found on the grass outside, next to an exhaust bolt that i would never have found if it wasnt next to the spanner.

Turbo is now in and attached to the new up pipe.

Just have to flush out the intercooler and heat exchanger and re-fit with new coolant, new engine & gearbox fluids etc.
                            Hopefully find some time over the weekend to finish this off and test drive.

Edit: pic resize

Comment

Love that there are people still tinkering with these old girls.

I miss mine.
                              Originally posted by brasher
                              TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
                                The usual struggle, trying to find time and waiting on parts.

Triple boost rag.

Comment

Working...
                                X