X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightyear's Track MX5 back up car.

I went with a friend to look at this car

(talked him into building an MX5 track car). He didn't think it was good enough, but for the money I thought it was great. So went down the next day and bought it.
    I have had enough of waiting for cars to get built, so this will be my permanent track car back up.
    Should have this fully built for around $6k in total, as I have some some bits laying around already. I want to keep it mild, and capable of doing around a 1:53 at Phillip Island.
    It has about 225,000km's, and is tidy enough. Pending on parts arriving, this should be built in a week or so.
    NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Win.
    Originally posted by thebluerx7
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

phew - there hadnt been enough lightyear car changing action in last few months.

normal service resumed....

Comment

The car will owe me about $3k by the time I offload the bits I don't need. So it is about as cheap as it gets for a good base. For sure a win. Bought cash, and I did some good low balling.. 😈

Comment

Fuck that's a good base for cheap..

Now make some fastbacks acks
          dave... 😀

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
          2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

How many cars do you actually own?
            If I'm up to date it's gota be 3 mx5's, mustang, VP race car and a family truckster? Have i missed any?

Comment

More interestingly, how many mx5s have you had? Surely by now we should just be calling you Stefan.

P.s. yes I'm jealous of your car ownership keep it up.
              GAS 260Z RB26DET
              GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

I think today's acquisition tops the cake...... Bought a holiday house on Smiths Beach. Google where it is. Proof of my dedication to the best track in Aus.
                I may rent it out on weekends to the better behaved P.F members.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ DUDE View Post
                  How many cars do you actually own?
                  If I'm up to date it's gota be 3 mx5's, mustang, VP race car and a family truckster? Have i missed any?
                  Close enough. 2 x MX5's, 1 x VN Group A (will be a VP Supercar) Commodore race car, 1 x VF 2 SS wagon ( Commodore tow car), 1 x Mazda 3 (no pics car) and the Mustang.
                  As to how many MX5's, no idea. I have an NA6 rolling shell at my brothers farm. If you count cars like that, then a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by lightyear View Post
                    Bought a holiday house on Smiths Beach. Google where it is.
                    Nice work mate, only 3 and half hours drive from Barbagallo.

Seriously though, congrats. I have a family member at Cape Woolamai and it's an awesome place to be.
                    BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

I think today's acquisition tops the cake...... Bought a holiday house on Smiths Beach. Google where it is. Proof of my dedication to the best track in Aus.
                      I may rent it out on weekends to the better behaved P.F members.
                      #humblebrag

can't get much closer! have you got a good mechanic on the island yet?

Comment

This is the beach about 400m down the hill. Can't get much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
                          #humblebrag

can't get much closer! have you got a good mechanic on the island yet?
                          It's an MX5, don't need a mechanic. But I may need one for the commodore..

Comment

It's an MX5, don't need a mechanic. But I may need one for the commodore..
                            yeah smiths is nice, I liked the vibe of Flynn's beach more but the scenery at smiths is more plentiful.

I'll PM you a guy I used to work with.

Comment

So anything really wrong with that MX5?

Congrats on the house purchase too. If you don't hold all records for the track though will it still be worth it? :D

Comment

Working...
                              X