VN SS Group A - The dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VN SS Group A - The dream

So with the sale of the SV5000 it was my desire to get myself a Group A, last of the homologation specials and a car that I had dreamed of owning since I was 9 years old.

A lead had come through my mate Darryl (stereo master from the SV5000) about a car he'd seen at Bathurst auto fest. The owner didn't want to sell but was entertaining the thought if he found the right buyer I.e. Someone who would cherish it and all the hard work he'd put in over the years. This was when I seriously started to advertise the old car with a view to get this particular Group A as he had agreed to sell to me after a few lengthy conversations.

Andrew the previous owner was in some ways even more OCD than me recreating stickers and even number plate holders that it would have been given from the dealer (more detail on that later).

So today was my birthday and what better day to go see the Group A and come back with it.

Stupid Flanders (Tim) was kind enough to take me out to Bathurst fittingly to pick it up!

It's a totally original car right down to the radio etc.

It is seriously so tight it drives like a new car I cannot believe how good it is.

Here she is, even more fittingly at the place she was built for...

CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Happy birthday and congrats.
    Not my thing but to get something you've wanted since you were a kid and to get something in such condition from such an owner, on your birthday, from Bathurst... Fuck not sure there are any more planets that could align.

Comment

Wow, that looks so clean. Congratulations on achieving your dream!

Comment

Sub-fucking-scribed!
        Originally posted by TK
        may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Fantastic purchase always love any Group A weapon

Comment

That is gorgeous!
            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Looks awesome

Have you considered a Barra conversion???
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

You can tell the previous owner was OCD by the front number plate being on a bracket coming from under the bumper rather than screwed onto the bumper.

Comment

Congrats, looks pretty clean. How many klm etc?

Sydney Dents
                  Paintless Dent Removal
                  https://www.facebook.com/sydneydents/
                  https://www.instagram.com/sydneydents/

Comment

Winning at life right there, Congrats !!.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Thanks gents.

Originally posted by TT View Post
                      Happy birthday and congrats.
                      Not my thing but to get something you've wanted since you were a kid and to get something in such condition from such an owner, on your birthday, from Bathurst... Fuck not sure there are any more planets that could align.
                      Yep was just an awesome experience. Driving onto the track in it was almost surreal

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                      You can tell the previous owner was OCD by the front number plate being on a bracket coming from under the bumper rather than screwed onto the bumper.
                      Good pickup. Yep no holes in the bar at all!

Originally posted by Blow View Post
                      Congrats, looks pretty clean. How many klm etc?
                      127,000 not high, not low. Tiny little dent in the rear quarter will need your services!
                      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Considering the condition will you keep it original or make a few changes for a bit of extra performance?

Comment

The plan is to keep it original at this stage mate!

Comment

Wicked
                            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                            Originally posted by nutttr
                            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                              The plan is to keep it original at this stage mate!
                              Understandable I find that impossible to do myself :rotflol:

Comment

Working...
                              X