VN SS Group A - The dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    That article says it has 36,000 km on it, the OP's had 127,000 on it back when this thread started.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Yeah not the same car. Mine had about 131k on it when I sold it. Despite the higher kms mine was also much nicer overall condition than that one.

What could have been hey. There's actually a story on my car with the new owner in the current issue of unique cars. Some nice photos of it.
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Iirc #002 was retained by HSV, pretty sure John Crennan used it. #001 was retained by Holden, I believe it went to Detroit for several years. Can't recall which car went to the Sultan of Brunei. I recall the 2 black Toohey's cars were single digit builds and began life as press cars, and were resprayed black by Toohey's for the promotion.
        Build's #001-010 were consecutive builds, select customer's could elect an out of sequence build number if desired. Because the Grp A was built on the Berlina later cars gained climate control which was a running change during VN production. However it's not unusual to see a low build number car with climate control.

Comment

Originally posted by fondles View Post

That article says it has 36,000 km on it, the OP's had 127,000 on it back when this thread started.
          That's why I said "This isn't the same one"
          Last edited by Lobster; 29-07-21, 02:15 PM.
          Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

My bad... eye's are dyslexic when not adorned by glasses.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
              I recall the 2 black Toohey's cars were single digit builds and began life as press cars, and were resprayed black by Toohey's for the promotion.
              This stirred up some memories... A mate of mine was charged with the task of preparing and promoting these for Tooheys at the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ready for mt Panorama.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	7276734

He also did the supply prep and promo of the Fosters Grand Prix Blue Thunder Lambo Countach .... in 1986!!!!
              Jim.

VS ute appreciation society

(you know it makes sense..)

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                Iirc #002 was retained by HSV, pretty sure John Crennan used it. #001 was retained by Holden, I believe it went to Detroit for several years. Can't recall which car went to the Sultan of Brunei. I recall the 2 black Toohey's cars were single digit builds and began life as press cars, and were resprayed black by Toohey's for the promotion.
                Build's #001-010 were consecutive builds, select customer's could elect an out of sequence build number if desired. Because the Grp A was built on the Berlina later cars gained climate control which was a running change during VN production. However it's not unusual to see a low build number car with climate control.
                Nope the tooheys cars were 3 digit build cars, and VN group A build numbers were random, only 302 cars built and some of those had numbers over 302, when production was stoppped Holden/SV offered the owners the opportunity to have the number changed on their car to reflect the overall build numbers!

Comment

There is a super low K one in Canberra but. I feel like 25k on it. It came to the ACT Holden Day a few years back but I haven't seen it since.
                  It's still owned by the original owner I am led to believe and still here, I'd say keeps a low profile considering what the $ value is now.
                  1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
                  YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Working...
                  X