Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharged UZZ31 - Because being responsible is boring

So I decided I have been too financially responsible of late and needed to do something stupid again, so I bought this tonight

Specs:
    - 1994 UZZ31 Soarer
    - 1UZ-FE, Stock bottom end. Kelford cams (unknown spec). ARP Head studs, uprated valve springs, cometic HGs
    - Custom headers and exhaust system
    - Vortech V2SQ supercharger, running 14psi/459HP
    - Vipec V88 ecu
    - 850cc injectors
    - Twin walbro 255 fuel pumps to an aeromotive fuel filter and magnafuel reg
    - Snow water/meth injection system
    - Rebuilt A340 and torque converter, with suprastick transmission ecu and stage 1.5 shift kit
    - PWR front mounted intercooler, PWR transcooler, Alloy radiator of unknown brand
    - Greddy catch can
    - TT soarer front and rear brakes
    - TT soarer LSD
    - Ksport coilovers
    - Lenso 18" rims, 235/40/18 front, 275/30/18 rear
    - M&W CDI
    - Resprayed in a custom version of the original green (more green/less black apparently)
    - Stereo stuff

Never really been a fan of centrifugal blowers. They sound like the worst of both worlds on paper, but goddam this thing drives nice! I was wrong. The power delivery is great, it just feels like an angry n/a motor. There is no turbo rush or instant s/c kick. The power delivery is progressive and it basically feels like the engine comes on cam as the revs rise and it just makes more and more power till you hit limiter

The only real gripe I have is the ECU wiring, which will be a nightmare if I ever need to diagnose an electronics issue (which will happen sooner or later I'm sure)

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

pics are fucked

Comment

So is the wiring harness
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

pics work now.

any 1uz with FI is a good thing imo, NA they are just boring as fuck.

Comment

That's quite a bit more stout than I was expecting when opening the thread. When's it going down the quarter and getting some not shit headlights?
          Originally posted by Dimi
          80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
          Originally posted by schnitzelburger
          My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Headlights are easy fixed

Comment

Good power for that boost! Any plans for it yet? E85?

Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
              Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
              1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

That's mint. Impulse buy or did you know the car? Good power!!
                Originally posted by thebluerx7
                The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Lol at Adidas tux attire
                  Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

nice, there is some good fruit in that plus its got the berries to match

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
                      That's quite a bit more stout than I was expecting when opening the thread. When's it going down the quarter and getting some not shit headlights?
                      Hopefully going down the quarter next wednesday. Not shit headlights will happen whenever I can be bothered.

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                      Good power for that boost! Any plans for it yet? E85?
                      Want to get it on the dyno to try and get more economy out of the cunt (it doesnt have O2 sensors and averagerd 20L/100 on the drive last night). Might do E85 later but realistically it's fast enough as it is. Much more and I will have fears for the diff/tailshaft/stock bottom end

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
                      That's mint. Impulse buy or did you know the car? Good power!!
                      Impulse buy. Cracked the shits with having the AE71 as my only drivable car at the moment after I had to drive out to Bathurst and Canberra in it in the last few weeks. It really fucking sucks for that kind of driving. I'll keep it as a run around and to haul bulky stuff as the soarer boot is tiny, and historic reg means it costs next to nothing to keep. But I'll use this for any longer drives and for spirited driving whenever the AW11 is off the road (which is all the fucking time)

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                      Lol at Adidas tux attire
                      haha fuck, good spot. previous owner was Greek

Comment

T-Cut or any cut/polish creme on the headlights will fix them up

Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                        Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                        1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Yeah I know. I had a JZZ30 in the past so the typical soarer idiosyncracies are not new to me This has the bleeding aircon panel issue also. The A-arms are silent though!

Comment

Also saw this pic today and thought it to be relevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keen for a ride around a block somewhere.........
                              Should be pretty rapid with the 18psi pulley, its got the studs and gaskets so your good for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X