X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trdee
    replied
    actually there may be a last minute reprieve. turns out just as i was pulling the ad off gumtree, someone messaged me saying they wanted it and had the cash ready to go. waiting to see if the money actually shows up in my account on monday but it might in fact live on...

Leave a comment:

• Jason Broadhurst
    replied
    Not us Nissan boys

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied
    Terrible At least it will live on in some fashion.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Irresponsible life decisions soarer is gone. To be parted out by a mate for use in his soarer.

Sad end but I couldnt be fucked dealing with shit cunts anymore

Leave a comment:

• foamy
    replied
    Can vouch for this thing (when it runs), quite a rocket ship despite it's considerable heft.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    For sale ad here: http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post843130261

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Fucken car stopped running on one bank. Spent ages trying to work out WTF was wrong with it, changing coils and leads and all sorts of shit. Turns out it was just a loose connector in the loom lol.

Anyways after all that fart-arsing around I have snaped and this is now officially for sale. Will be up for 2 weeks after which I'll sell it to Harreh for parts for his soarer lol. Fucking over it

If anyone wants to get in first let me know. Hoping for 8k but if you bring money and make my life easy I can negotiate a bit from there

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    I would be pretty flexible on price if it means not having to deal with gumtree scum and a quick/easy sale. PM me or feel free to come and take a look and we can talk further. I've put about 3000kms on it and apart from needing a proper tune for the 440cc injectors, and a few other niggling issues, it does finally seem to be developing into a solid package.

Leave a comment:

• doctorpat
    replied
    So how many fish tanks do I need to bring over if I want to take this home?

Leave a comment:

• TRD-MX62
    replied
    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    TRD-MX62, nah I dont have that duct between the end of the rad and the engine. I could make something up tho
    It's needed to create a low pressure area behind the radiator, without it air flowing under the car hits the rack/cross member and creates a high pressure area in the engine bay

you can get a similar effect with a front lip or flap under the radiator support panel but should be able to find a used one cheap I think I only paid $180 for a new one from toyota

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    It hasn't quite been the epic 10 year rollercoaster of emotions that my AW11 has been, but damn if it isn't doing it's best to try and catch up. That alone is enough reason for me to be rid of it But the main reason is that I finally landed Nick's MA61, which I have wanted to own for many a year, and I don't need two grand tourers and I definitely don't have the time, money, or energy to try and build all 3 at once. That being said, I haven't advertised it anywhere yet. It is strangely hard to let go. There's something appealing about having a boosted 4, boosted 6 and boosted 8 all at the same time

TRD-MX62, nah I dont have that duct between the end of the rad and the engine. I could make something up tho

Leave a comment:

• taijohnsen
    replied
    When I first saw this thread, I was happy, because it was almost identical to my old UZZ31 that Butthurts helped me install an Adaptronic on and was the fisrt car I ever modified.

Then I was sad that it leaned out and did a HG.

The I was happy that it was rebuilt!

Then I was sad that it caught fire.

Then I was happy that it was re-wired, while also being sad at how bad the wiring was.

Then I was shocked it was overheating (a problem I have chased for a while with my current soarer) and happy when you fixed it!

Now I am sad you are selling it.....

The end.

Leave a comment:

• TRD-MX62
    replied
    What about the actual under-tray from radiator to cross member?

Fancy metal duct, I used core-flute

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151129_170252.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	6618093Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151129_170133.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	6618094

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Well it looks like I have finally resolved all the temp issues now haha. Time to sell!

Leave a comment:

• (Locky)
    replied
    I had both of those eBay thermos die on me within hour or so of each other on first long drive I went on.
    One died somewhere between twin servos and Taree. Tried to figure out what issue was till concluded it was the fan. Went inside and got a drink, when turned on the car the other one didn't come on and somehow died while parked for 20min

Leave a comment:

Working...
X