Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couldn't find a decent R32 GTR to buy so I bought a Lamborghini.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut the glue with a steel fishing tracer line? Like piano wire?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Corrosive hookers has a better ring to it tho.
      Originally posted by S
      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by da9jeff View Post
        Cut the glue with a steel fishing tracer line? Like piano wire?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
        The mirror attaches to a mount that I presume is stuck to the windscreen. The mirror base itself moves a few mm either way and the posts online talking about it say to twist it to the left and it will pop off. Seems a lot of force is required to make this happen. Just need to grow some I suppose!

Originally posted by Mike Lowrrryyy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
          The mirror attaches to a mount that I presume is stuck to the windscreen. The mirror base itself moves a few mm either way and the posts online talking about it say to twist it to the left and it will pop off. Seems a lot of force is required to make this happen. Just need to grow some I suppose!
          99% of screen mounted mirrors are mounted the same way. Metal block glued to the glass and a sprung clamp which grips onto the block.

Look at a Golf or Passatt, the mirror will be mounted the same way.

Because VW.
          Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
          Originally posted by nutttr
          People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Lowrrryyy View Post
            That would be a great name for a punk band.
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

The auto dimming mirror has a wonderful tendency to leak if it gets really hot inside and it appears that the fluid is highly corrosive. Common problem, hence changing the mirror to a manual one.
              Thought for a second Lambo/Audi use cheap plastics that go "sticky" like Ferrari but of course the Germans are better than that.

Comment

I had to replace the mirror on a Benz I used to own and the force required was mind bending. Mine was a $2K car though, so good luck with that!
                The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

You've got a far better chance of snapping the mirror stalk into 11ty pieces by using force than doing any damage to the windscreen. Just make sure it's nice and cool and hasn't been sitting in the sun for a few hours beforehand as I'm sure you leave it in the local shopping centre carpark for hours at a time

Also twist it, don't pull it away from the screen

Comment

Had a couple of beers this afternoon.

Installed the replacement rubber door seal (yay, no more whistling with the windows closed and aircon on), hard wired the gps and had another go at the mirror.

Sorted! Thanks for the advice.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

And another photo just because. Will give it a wash tomorrow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is that a child seat?

Comment

Comment

The life: That is living it.

Comment

Had a couple of beers this afternoon.

Installed the replacement rubber door seal (yay, no more whistling with the windows closed and aircon on), hard wired the gps and had another go at the mirror.

Sorted! Thanks for the advice.
                                Needs more screwdriver.

How many KMS in total has this thing done?

Comment

Working...
                                X