Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vs Barra ute

This has been in my mind the last year, but nothing could happen till the VC moved on. Cliffs. Daily vs poverty spec ute with 400,000 km, column shift, bench seat. Body is clean but engine and suspension very tired. Aim is to keep it simple, mild hp so 280-300 rwkw, aircon, powersteering, cruise control. All under $10k. Nothing crazy, just solid and reliable but plenty of fasts. Engine will only get valvesprings and injectors once tuned, gearbox left standard, standard convertor, use vs column shift, leave 3.08 gears but LSD, upgrade intank fuel pump, front mount intercooler, factory loom and ecu, just splice into vs and keep factory dash

Picked up full ba Barra conversion with 4 speed btr, loom, ecu, tailshaft, pedal box, etc etc. Guys at Ballarat performance wreckers were super nice and a grand cheaper than anywhere in Melb. Drove up this afternoon and got it all.

Nastysven care of stocky donated two coolers. Also bought a 2nd hand bf airbox and pod. Picked up a vs V8 K frame today as well.

Tomorrow I pickup all the new shocks, springs, control arms and bushes. Also from tuffcarparts I pick up injectors, valvesprings, 3" catback exhaust, 3.5" cat, 460 lph intank fuel pump and torque lock LSD.

Anyhoo, want to get it on the road as soon as possible say less than a few months

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Should be an interesting result.

Comment

Watching with interest

Comment

Barra makes good sense for easy power & reliability.

Bet that made a racket with mudflaps scraping.
        an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Nice one mate, 400 horsies is plenty to daily punt around and more powers are simple enough if you ever get bored.

Happy to come and help if you need a pair of hands after work
          Originally posted by Faux Forg
          I agree with Rdyno

Comment

*subscribed*
            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

What LSD are you using? I was going to reuse the spool in mine. Will this ever hit a track with corners?
              NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
              NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
              VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman Don View Post
                Nice one mate, 400 horsies is plenty to daily punt around and more powers are simple enough if you ever get bored.

Happy to come and help if you need a pair of hands after work
                Anytime. Feel free after work

Comment

Originally posted by lightyear View Post
                  What LSD are you using? I was going to reuse the spool in mine. Will this ever hit a track with corners?
                  Picking up one of those torque lock helical lsd from tuffcar parts today

Comment

Tuffmounts/Muscle Garage has all the conversion gear for this - Jason is doing the same swap ATM for his Drag Challenge car.

Comment

Awesome.
                      AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

is that marvs ute in one of the pics lol

Comment

Chuck is going to see this and change his LS build in 3...2...
                          AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Originally posted by big_pete View Post
                            Chuck is going to see this and change his LS build in 3...2...
                            I know, I've always wanted to do a barra commodore

This should be an easy 11 second car with a mild combo
                            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Nice. Wil go well, and have plenty up its sleeve for fasts later on.
                              Originally posted by Rdyno
                              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                              Originally posted by Tripper
                              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Working...
                              X