No announcement yet.

Vs Barra ute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking train wreck of a day. Got converter back after them not calling me, and it was actually ready last Fri. Everything went back alright. Took it for a drive and zero brakes, cunt. Stupid coating only, last week melted it and fucked it. Glad I wrapped it and put heat shielding on it.

Anyhoo, still no boost. Cunt cunt

Went to wreckers, pulled booster and swapped it over. Booster leaks when you press pedal. Yay. Stupid me didn't buy warranty.

Back to boost issue, block off bov feed and no difference. Checked line to booster and one-way valve, all good. Also replaced o rings in v bands, no go. Pulled front bar off (after cutting off a frozen bolt). Went all over front and zero leaks or cracks. Even got my mum (no pics) to sit on transbrake and try to get it to build boost. No air coming out of screamer at idle. Checked all Teflon boost lines from turbo.

I've officially given up. I'm going to pay someone, either mpw or drop it off with dtm who did trans. Definitely will be for sale once it's sorted. Modified cars can get fucked

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Attached Files
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Ha!

How did your mum go?

Were you concerned she would let go of the button at any point?

Comment

I jacked the rear off the ground and yanked the handbrake as hard as I could. Also moved the seat forward a foot

Comment

You should get her to do it with the wheels on the ground and film it lol.

Would be better than those "took my mum in my 900hp supra" vids

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not building boost and only revving to 2100rpm. Not very exciting. If it was up at 4k and making 20 psi shooting massive flames out the 4" race side pipe, like it should then maybe

Comment

Seem to remember when I was setting up egt, there was some dbw cal error or something. I wonder if I fucked it up throttle not opening up. Will check later

Comment

Hard to get booster and master thru repco/bursons. Combined $500 new on eBay. Wonder if easier fucking it off and going wilwood master?

Comment

Surely you could pickup a second hand master/booster easily enough for cheaply?

Comment

I did yday, it leaked right away.

I found the issue. I had tps stopped at 40%. Disable it and now 100%. Fuck me. OT mist of been red flagged as necessary and I changed it. Idiot!!

Attached Files

Comment

Yep, fuck the booster off & to wilwood dual channel master

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                        Fucking train wreck of a day.
                        That all sucks, but fuck me that was a pretty productive day, I'd have undone three bolts then decided it was time for coffee and been distracted by the kids.

Glad it was something dumb and not a real problem!
                        Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                        I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Yeah. Went for drive, after 30 mins one of the fans took a dump. So another thing to sort. Not too hard

Edit. One of wiring plugs was fractionally loose, so tightened it up and good dose of contact cleaner. All sorted. Master cylinder also stopped leaking, think top rubber cap kept dropping in and not sealing. Might try another wrecker $39 booster. Did clamp the brake vac line when driving to stop vac leak, pedal worked just super hard

Last edited by Dogsballs; 14-11-20, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Good job Dale, I'm glad it was only a few little things.

Comment

Seriously fried my brain.

Brake buddy reckons I can use bits off melted booster and fix the wrecker one that is leaking

Comment

Take a mityvac and test the booster at the wreckers before you buy. Something like a booster you might be better off getting off FB off a running car
                                I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

Working...
                                X