No announcement yet.

Vs Barra ute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything went well on dyno. Went thru and checked all boost reference values. Threw some more fuel down low and now it spools soo fast. New comp wheel just does it so easy. 34 deg so didn't beat on her and left her at same hp as last year. 766rwkw@33 psi with full exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFSWqTg...d=wpjt5qoio1eb

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Attached Files
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Sorry forgot insta is private. Here's jewtube

https://youtu.be/ksTnh3Hl7JA

https://youtu.be/N_H1MdzbYxk

Comment

Your mum will be so disappointed you didn't page up to get the extra 40kW.....

Comment

nice work dude.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

awesome.

That power steering black cover thing looked like it was holding on for dear life.
            Maverick - gone
            Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Ha, that's going nowhere, it's held under the cap. It looks weird when you take it off.

Comment

Took front bar off and removed the plastic infill panels. It seems a lot happier, fans can do their job. 95-97 in normal traffic, it did heat soak after 1hr when caught in standstill for 10 mins and got to 101. But came back with normal driving. Doing 80-100 kmh it comes down to 89-92.

I think heater bypass valve in bay was part melted when I toasted the booster. As in past I could pull 5 deg by using the heater. I have a new replacement, just a matter of swapping over.

I'm going to delay heathcote till Dec 13th. My suspension guy is going that day and I can also get help from another mate

Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear.
                  Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Struggle town at heathcote today, but nothing broken. Had trouble building boost, then poor trans didn't like being held so transbrake was dicky. Couple back half runs 140-146 mph painting black lines with tyres squirming around.

In hindsight the slight altitude and heat could of caused slow build boost (not uncommon for ballarat or bendigo). Need to suss if room in tune to spool turbo faster (already sped it up) or look at convertor dump.

Comment

Just saw this for sale on Facebook. Good luck, but sad to see it go.

Comment

Crazy if selling. You know you'll have another project in 2 months and go through all the bullshit once again. It's kinda what you do lol

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Comment

It's time to move on, I just don't enjoy this car any more, cruising on street or racing. I want another street car, I enjoyed my vl, jump in and cruise

Comment

sounds like you need a commodore/ HSV (vt-vz) with a blower and a 4L80

Comment

Can I interest you in a VX SS? Very nice cruiser.
                              2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                              2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
                              2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                              2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
                              2005 WR250
                              + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                              I finance the RMS

Comment

What pressure sensors are you running mate (fuel, coolant, oil etc)?

Comment

Working...
                                X