Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend sent me the wiring plan for o2 sensor

Picked up a fluid pump to fill the transmission

Then went back to the wiring, some of the tb loom and oil pressure switch for vs dash. Had a good chat with an electrical guru mate and come up with a plan for the aircon. Going to let vs bcm run it and wired into the compressor directly. Also split the link between the two fan relays seeing the vs v6 setup is a single fan. Almost there
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Simple switch sounds easiest for air con.

Will ecu raise idle if it senses extra load of compressor lockup?
      an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Hopefully.

Scored this for $130 posted. Saves me bogging the factory one

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Needs a hsv badge now
          Originally posted by Faux Forg
          I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Hyundai Special Vehicles???

Comment

Neat install, love the new orange paint
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Wiring almost done. Another 5 hours in garage last night. Tidied up engine loom and taped it up. Fed cabin wiring inside. Just need to connect speedo sensor and reverse lights. Fingers crossed driving on weekend

Comment

Nice! This'd have to be in the top 5 white VS utes on PF
                  I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

^^^lol.

Good work dude.
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Did the Speedo wiring by splicing in the el falcon extension housing with speedo gear into ba loom. Also patched into the shift selector for reverse lights and ran thru vs loom. Rejigged earth cabkes, alternator cable and starter cable which I wasn't to happy with. Wired up the Mondeo fans using the vs connectors and loom. Checked that they were pulling and not pushing

Also started to replace transmission cooler hardliners with hose, again something i wasn't happy with as there were some kinks and it rattles around.
                      Once I finish that tomorrow I can fill with fluids. Also need to repin diagnostic plug for ba. So I can see whats going on with a blue tooth obd2 dongle

Comment

Dakota digital Speedo corrector turned up in the post but I wasn't going to do any electrical work tonight

Replaced the hard line trans cooler lines with hose. As I wanted to start filling with fluids. Put fresh oil filter on and filled with oil. Put coolant in. After a minute or two there was a little drop of coolant. Cunt. Wasn't any of my stuff though, but the heater hard line o ring coming off the back of the water pump. In a real cunt of a position. Both bolts under the exhaust manifold. Anyhoo, I had been putting off rejigging the end of the dump and cat pipe, so it didn't hang so low. Also silly ford trans fill is at the back of the box in a silly spot. Soo, good opportunity to get at the bolts for heater hard line as well. So dropped the rack to get the dump out and then the cat section. After 3-4 hrs I finally got it tucked up as high as possible without touching in shit. That's after a lot of cutting and welding, checking, then cutting and welding more. Just as I finished I realised I have a pack of assorted o rings, so first thing will pull heater hose and see if I have anything the right size. Bed time

Comment

Stupid o ring was a bitch to remove and put back in. Ended up unbolting the exhaust manifold, then had to a drive out to Bayswater to get an o ring from repco. Also filled the trans from the side. Mounted the ecu on some bushes. Made cruise control bracket. Put heat shielding around rack where dump is. Lots of other odd jobs

Comment

Getting close, been super keen following this, the cruise set is cool,

Skid pics not loading...

Comment

Ta. Not far off. Need to do obd2 pinout, Speedo corrector, plug in 2nd map and just rejig exhaust

Comment

Car is done. Just won't start, lol. Having exact same issues as Jason Waye who is doing same conversion in a vs ute as well. Fbw is working, just no cranking or EFI. If I hotwire or bypass things starter will work, fans will work, fuel pump will work.

5hrs of troubleshooting, wonder how many more

Comment

Working...
                                X