Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
    whats happening with the ecomoo?
    You can have it if you want. Probably need headgaskets though. And I'm chopping up the loom for one or two things

Had a play with the suspension. Put the new rear springs in and did the fronts. Also cleaned up the K frame and swapped over the z bars. I was given vb-vn lower control arms so I had to take them back

Engine mounts arrived so fitted them up. Then put the K frame in. Engine was being a bit of a bitch to get into K frame. Managed to get passenger side, then noticed drivers side was way and the motor wasnt sitting straight. After some head scratching got under car and noticed the bulge in trans bellhousimg for starter motor on passenger side was hitting the tunnel. Everything else was fine although linking at the top of the tunnel for the column shift might need to be trimmed back. Anyhoo, will yank it out tomorrow and massage the tunnel

Also noticed one missing nut and missing stud on turbo. Have to sort that out. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

When I bought my donor xr6 it was also missing a bolt from the turbo exhaust housing. Easy to detect due to the escaping exhaust noise
      Apparently it means the exhaust housing is probably cracked at that bolt hole and replacement bolts will continue to loosen over time.
      If it bothers you, buy or make these:
      http://www.intunemotorsport.com.au/B...retainers.html

Comment

fucking lol dude.

ps you got the wrong truck in the pics :D
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
          When I bought my donor xr6 it was also missing a bolt from the turbo exhaust housing. Easy to detect due to the escaping exhaust noise
          Apparently it means the exhaust housing is probably cracked at that bolt hole and replacement bolts will continue to loosen over time.
          Yep fairly standard. My BF has done it a couple of times. Just replace it you'll be apples.
          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Get them from ford or eBay?

Comment

It was just a M8x25 or M8x30 bolt. Remove one of the others to check the length.

Comment

Had a tinker after work. Dump pipe rocked up as well.

Cut up the FG plasma man airbox to fit above the battery.

Also fitted trans cooler and then intercooler. All seems to fit without too much drama. Really surprised as it's a 100mm core

Comment

This is taking ages. Hurry up dude.
                  Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                      Get them from ford or eBay?
                      I've got a contact in Ford Parts that hooked me up. You'd probably find the same off ebay or like old mate above said just measure and replace. I think the original one I replaced was just a random bolt I found in my bolts draw.

They're not that long really.

Think there's much difference in running the airbox to just a couple of bends to a pod filter?
                      1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
                      YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Im handy with a hammer, and also free tonight we can belt the cnt out of it.... I mean massage the tunnel to get the motor to sit properly.

For the forums knowledge are you going to upgrade the front anchors to VT spec?
                        Originally posted by Faux Forg
                        I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Are there any issues with the ECU / security etc? Like do you need a body module emulator thingo?

I'm still pondering a barraguar conversion, but at my rate of progress it will be 2050 by the time I get round to it
                          E55 wagon
                          p̶u̶r̶p̶l̶e̶ damson red shitbox XJ6 LS1 - gestating

Comment

Originally posted by drscrote View Post
                            ?

I'm still pondering a barraguar conversion, ...

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
                              I've gotten into the habit when assembling stock turbo's for Barra's of using the tig to tack the bolt to the turbine housing retainer plates. Just a small tack on the point, no filler rod etc. Stops them from loosening if the housing is cracked and the tack is so small it can easily be broken by turning the bolt with a spanner.

Means well but is skittled

Comment

Airbox was just a tidy thing and if I engineer it.

Ecu needs vats removed as we don't have a BCM, costs $200ish (need 2 hp tuners credits).

Picked up the 3" cat back and valve springs after work.

Then milkmedan gave us a hand making a mess in the garage. We pulled the motor out and sorted the tunnel issues. Cleaned up random things on firewall, temporarily removed column shift linkage mount, moved over fuel lines to reach ford soft lines. Also pulled off the unnecessary brackets on gearbox and took cast dump off, testing China dump.

Tried to put engine in with dump, but needs to be modified to run closer to gearbox after bellhousing. Other than that engine slid straight in and sits well on mounts, with nice clearance all round. We spent a while mixing and matching Holden/ford trans mounts and cutting stuff up. But ran out of cutting disk's right at the end.

For piece of mind we test fitted the bonnet and it miraculously clears without mods.

Anyhoo. I need sleep

Comment

Working...
                                X