X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold my beer
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

Did I mention head gasket was torched. Also all rod top bearing shells were back to copper.

Today i went to see my engine builder buddy to remove my good valve springs. He wants me to pull the FG head, check the bores, but more importantly he will clean, skim it and put good springs in. He also threw me a factory headgasket. I showed him the headgasket and one of the pistons. 100% tune related

I also dropped my injectors off at quickbitz to get cleaned.

Finally I dropped past the place where it was tuned and showed the shop manager the piston/rod and headgasket. He sorta agrees it looks like it got hot/detonated and they were happy to help out. Waiting to hear from owner when he's back on monday

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Fingers crossed they look after you!
        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

I'm no doctor, but when the big ends in the conrod are more munted than the caps it's pretty safe to say it's tune related.

Comment

^ Fucking hell.

Admiring your patience and outlook on all this - I'd have rage quit and probably burnt the car to the ground by now.

Guessing you could complete the pull engine/trans-> teardown -> re-assemble on new bottom end -> drop engine back in process in your sleep now?

Comment

Pretty sure it was tune related. At least they will help out

My old man said the same thing!! Yeah, can dismantle and reassemble almost with my eyes closed

Comment

Cleaned up the mess in the garage today. Tidied up the engine bits. Half a litre of coolant and piston bits came out if the intake, was pretty messy. Scraped all the piston bits out of the sump and degreased that. Decided to tidy up a few loose ends on the loom

Comment

Pretty sure mine doesn't have that pressed steel windage thing in the sump. hmm

Comment

Some don't. FG don't run a gasket either

Comment

Some times it's best to just best to move on without asking anyone to make good on shitty work. The poor man pays twice.
                      Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                        Some times it's best to just best to move on without asking anyone to make good on shitty work. The poor man pays twice.
                        They offered to help out. I took them out on the offer as I am a poor man.

Comment

For the record. A $10k forged motor would still of broken the same as mine with that tune. However mine was $100

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                            For the record. A $10k forged motor would still of broken the same as mine with that tune. However mine was $100

Originally posted by Einstein
                            The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result

Comment

I sold broken motor for $100. I actually used the oil and filter from the other engine as i just put it together before i noticed the bent rods.

Tuner has been silent. I've just spoken to my mate the manager. Its getting sorted so i'm not stressed

See na fg running tomorrow morning and hopefully get it in the afternoon

Comment

This is just shit fucking luck but please dont let that tuna within a country mile of it again. He definitely ain't John West.

Comment

Working...
                                X