Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L28 with triple webers.

Skrrraaaarrrrrk

Comment

I love this type of build. SR20VE with ITBs would be way cooler than another turbo build imo.

Comment

All these suggestions are frightfully good Gents. But here's some of my thoughts.

Carbs= No. I'm a set and forget kind of guy.

SR20VE- A lot of money and farting around. And then we still have to buy itbs. Really, this is the pov pack of DEs. S14 VVT or S15 Autech would be better than this, but again the money and simplicity of this engine is the winner. We bought a car with the engine we wanted already fitted, so no need to buy another.

GTiR ITBs- From what I understand, nothing from the FWD engines fits the RWD ones. Could probably adapt them with some work, and actually the guy we bought the car off had a 180 with GSXR throttles adapted to fit on. But it was an ugly setup that didn't work properly. I'd rather spend more and buy the setup that bolts straight on and is proven to work.

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
        http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBX-CAMS-...YF5FANJXgRXphg

Just sayin...

Surprised OBX don't do a SR20 kit.
        Those are 264 degree cams. The dead engine has upgraded cams in it already, but I don't know the specs of them. I suspect they are 264, the idle wasn't super lumpy, but I need to pull them out and check if there's any markings on them. We really want 270 cams though. Camtech do a nice kit with springs.

Came home to a set of stainless headers on the doorstep. $250 delivered from Perth to Sydney. They look like they were made by Jian Yang's cousin in China, but we'll give them a go. At least they look pretty.

Originally posted by Rdyno
        It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

This is fucking great. Who cares about other combos, do what suits the budget. I get it, I totally get it and I love it.
          70's roadster cool with s-chassis engineering and efi. It's so refreshing! Like a retro-tech 90's fairlady.

Comment

Hey man I freaking love this.

Dead set. I work for fucking years to come up with results and you guys just do cool way too easy lol.

Suggestion on quads. But I recon (and could be wrong) you could do a quad setup the same way I did mine for my beams... 300 for blacktop throttles and some Home "machining" for mounting options.

I'm not overly confident with sr engine knowledge but I think they have a similar manifold design to the beams?

Yell if you are vaguely interested din what I'm talking about and can't be fucked scrolling through my build for pics lol
            Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
            RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
            06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

Gtir quads just need the lower hole redrilled about 15mm higher, can be done in about 15min or so. Prob pics in my rolla thread if photbucket hasnt killed them yet.
              meh

Comment

Those wheels fans are awesome X11ty!
                Originally posted by S
                I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
                  Gtir quads just need the lower hole redrilled about 15mm higher, can be done in about 15min or so. Prob pics in my rolla thread if photbucket hasnt killed them yet.
                  Fuck, is that all it is?
                  When i was at Ichiban buying my last SR they had a pair of broken GTiR SRs just sitting there. I could have got both for next to nothing, but when he told me nothing is interchangable i didn't bother. Damn it!

Comment

Could always purchase an SR20VE head and plonk it onto your existing DE block?

Although it looks like your definitely going with the SR, another random idea is to go about putting a VH/VK Nissan V8 into it. Would complicate things more than a straightforward SR, but a naturally aspirated quad cam jap v8 + ITB's + a good exhaust = the greatest sound known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by fantapants View Post
                      Hey man I freaking love this.

Dead set. I work for fucking years to come up with results and you guys just do cool way too easy lol.

Suggestion on quads. But I recon (and could be wrong) you could do a quad setup the same way I did mine for my beams... 300 for blacktop throttles and some Home "machining" for mounting options.

I'm not overly confident with sr engine knowledge but I think they have a similar manifold design to the beams?

Yell if you are vaguely interested din what I'm talking about and can't be fucked scrolling through my build for pics lol
                      Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
                      Thanks mate, I'll let you know.

Comment

What ecu do you plan on running with quad throttle bodys?

They can be tricky to setup from scratch.

4AG silver top quads are another idea but also require custom fab to fit up

I built my S12 similar to your idea, twin carbs though on my FJ20. Got tired of the lack of power pretty quick (from what i have been used to in the past anyway) so its turbocharged now. haha

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                          Fuck, is that all it is?
                          When i was at Ichiban buying my last SR they had a pair of broken GTiR SRs just sitting there. I could have got both for next to nothing, but when he told me nothing is interchangable i didn't bother. Damn it!
                          Just checked my thread, no pics in there. It says i port matched the head, reminded me i opened the top of the port up a bit on the head to get a perfect port match.

Nice build, thats a rare silvia in that conditiin.
                          meh

Comment

have wanted to do this with a VE head and some weight reduction (CF bits like boot and bonnet perhaps, body coloured) as a fun mountain car.
                            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Lowrrryyy View Post
                              Those wheels fans are awesome X11ty!
                              +1, they'll look great on this.
                              The big Nissan v8 will spoil this, please go with the SR with quads.
                              Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
                                What ecu do you plan on running with quad throttle bodys?

They can be tricky to setup from scratch.

4AG silver top quads are another idea but also require custom fab to fit up

I built my S12 similar to your idea, twin carbs though on my FJ20. Got tired of the lack of power pretty quick (from what i have been used to in the past anyway) so its turbocharged now. haha
                                Haltech Pro plug in for SR. Pinching it from the 180. It's currently tuned for a DET on E85 with ID1000s and cams, so yeah it will need some work.
                                I have a short list of Tunas.

I'm yet to get a good pic with the wheel fans fitted. But they're cool as.
                                My brother and I are 80's kids with fond memories of Porsche Le Mans racers and 959 road cars, and the Group A and C cars that ran them in the 80's and 90's.

Comment

Working...
                                X