Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol!

great success!
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by Rdyno
      It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Huzzah!

Comment

NIce work getting it running!

Novice question; what does filling the pump with vas achieve/how did that fix the oil pressure?

Comment

It seals up the gears and gives them something to pump so that it can pull enough of a vacuum at the oil pickup to get a column of oil up for it to continue to pump.

Comment

What he said. Personally I’ve never had an issue with not packing SR pumps before, and LS1 and Alloytec junk didn’t pack them either. 308 Holden I had to pack that one, learnt that one the hard way too.

The worst one though was when I was at TAFE doing my mechanical apprenticeship. We were in groups of 3 and had to pull apart Mitsubishi Astron 4G engines then put them back together over a few weeks. Well I missed one week as I had jury duty so the other 2 guys fitted the oil pump in my absence. Then the next week it went on the test bench to make sure it ran.

Teacher fired it up, no oil pressure. Then a quick grinding noise and a bang then it died. Turns out they didn’t pack the oil pump, it siezed and shredded half the teeth off the timing belt as it was belt driven. We pulled the pump off and cleaned it up and threw on a new belt and it ran fine then. Spewing I was away when they fitted the pump because after my 308 experience I knew it needed to be packed.

Comment

Pulled the turbo SR out today. Sold it and the 5 speed a few days ago.

I had to resist the temptation to drop the new engine in right away. It’s sitting there ready to go.

I need to tidy up some things in the engine bay first.

Mostly this corner here. It’s quite a mess!

Comment

Will be awesome to see it running again
                  CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Thanks for not keeping the off-red rocker cover.

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post
                      Thanks for not keeping the off-red rocker cover.
                      Haha that’s your mate’s problem now. I’ll give him the stock black one too.

Comment

If you're handing out rocker covers, I'll take one. I need to make coil pack brackets and don't want to have to lean over my engine bay to do it

Comment

I only have silver top left after that. Erch might donate you a nice pearl red one?

Comment

Progress has been slow. Sent the boy to daycare for the first time and he immediately caught daycare aids and took out my house and my brother’s house too.

Anyways, been doing all the shit jobs in the engine bay that needed doing and are infinitely easier with no engine in the way. Stripped out the corner around the battery tray to fix all the surface rust and wrecked paint from a battery acid spill.

Pretty much just wire wheeled with the angle grinder, etch primed then painted.

Cleaned up the windscreen washer bottle and fitted a new overflow. I have a plastic tray coming to go on the battery tray to prevent any future spills doing more damage. Should get a new battery too.

Then on to fitting these front subframe spacers to get the engine down lower in the bay. I was previously having bonnet clearance issues with the trumpets, one of the filter socks rubbed through and split and almost jammed in one of the throttles. And I couldn’t fit the strut brace over the top.

These spacers should do the trick, but they introduce a heap of little issues to overcome. The first one being the steering column shaft would no longer reach the rack. After some head scratching I ended up adding some spacers in the joint in the column shaft where the old rubber bush used to be, I previously replaced the rubber with a solid metal bush. The factory bolts were just long enough to be able to add some spacers thick enough to make up the gap. It’s ugly and I’m not proud of it but it works out and seems secure.

Comment

You used to be able to buy a thicker spacer for when people relocated rack forward

Comment

Originally posted by (Locky) View Post
                                You used to be able to buy a thicker spacer for when people relocated rack forward
                                Oh! I haven’t come across those. I was contemplating adding a second Gktech spacer, too thick though.

Comment

Working...
                                X