No announcement yet.

Talk to me about Saabs .. and Volvos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hoff must like it, the last bolt on exhaust parts I took him got "fabricated" with a torch and a hammer (they fucking deserved to get hit with a hammer to be fair!)
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Greg Rust beware, its a slippery slope

Captiva Fan best, haha, just had visions of the tin lids opening up the valve at will!

Sloth ma man
      also which stickers you mean?
      mizone yes, getting my head around wheels. These are 16s , 17s were on the 850r and are minimum imo and 18s are perfect. Suspension first and then wheels. They don't take more than a 235 tyre so 8inch wide rim seems about right, very skinny compared to supra land...
      Neeek thank you, perfect reasoning too

Bren still researching but awd seems problematic and probably overcapitalising. They seem to have problems with power but the xc70 drive train is starting to be adapted which is apparently stronger, but I'm very new to these things.

@Clutch Monkey yes indeed!!

TJ thankyou!!

Sloth here you go: https://youtu.be/xxNHu7ElqGE

Will do a proper video soon, had court then visitors and work today.

Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Mmm it probably is over capitalising ha! I haven't looked in to it on V70's, but on the P1 Volvo's (C30/70, S40 etc) the swap is not particularly difficult but you need to go as far as changing fuel tank and things like that, plus I believe some wizardry with the electrons so that the ECU doesn't have heart attack. Even if you don't go down that path, looks like you have a bloody tidy rig here!
          I reckon if you can find some, 18" Pegasus (from V70R/S60R) are perfect.

Comment

bren I may have already overcapitalised. If I spend $ on driveline it will be m66 manual swap and haltech. In that vein this package of goodness is enroute.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210503-205027_Drive.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	7249214
            And here's a couple of slightly better videos, being runs to 100kmh.

The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Where did you order the suspension from? I need to get new dampers for the wife’s XC70.
              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Greg Rust I chose these guys as the owner is a mod on ozvolvo and was super helpful in knowing what worked and best selection of springs vs damping rates, I was also uncertain on the shipping for shocks, alot of the sites I looked at seemed not to ship shocks to Oz for some reason.

https://www.dvs.net.au/

If you're already all over what you need and are happy to sort and wait for shipping I think the cheapest was

fcpeuro.com

Easiest sites to navigate was ipdusa.com

Is it a diesel? I didn't realise until I started looking at these but there's canned tunes for them too.
                Last edited by I'm DJ!; 04-05-21, 07:02 AM.

Comment

what do these realistically cost? theres guy locally whos got one FS but it has 330k kms , for 12k......

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
                    bren I may have already overcapitalised. If I spend $ on driveline it will be m66 manual swap and haltech. In that vein this package of goodness is enroute.

Name:	Screenshot_20210503-205027_Drive.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	7249214
                    And here's a couple of slightly better videos, being runs to 100kmh.

That is a good shopping list!! I'm going to jump on that website and have a look, keen to start looking at lowering mine.

Manual swap sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
                      what do these realistically cost? theres guy locally whos got one FS but it has 330k kms , for 12k......
                      It depends on what's done to it.

If its manual
                      Wagon
                      850r
                      V70r or
                      V70 t5

?

Mine Has about $8k of recent receipts, new gearbox, radiator, trans cooler etc, is very clean but is missing heater box, had Cam belts and engine mounts all done. That's pretty much a list of stuff you'd potentially drop big bucks or time on down the track if its all original.

Guy was asking $6k and I got it for a little less than that. The guys on the volvo forums reckon its a $4.5k car because they were all interstate.

The v70 t5 is less desirable but really its a rear turbo housing , wheels and a few psi less boost away from an 850r.

If I do a full suspension and subframe refresh, with the exhaust on it and a tune or more realistically a bleed valve id want $10k for it and i reckon it would be good buying still at that price.

Just my non anorak 2c on them. They are pretty hard to come by.

Another option is to buy an n/a wagon, buy a crashed xr5 turbo and swap the good gear in. Could do it for less than $12k and have an arguably better drivers car.

Comment

XR5 Focus is a P1/C1 chassis, not P80, so I am not sure what swaps in and what doesn't. Engine probably about the only thing.

Comment

Not sure if it has been mentioned in 13 pages yet, but some guy on the internet said SAAB was only for dentists

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
                            XR5 Focus is a P1/C1 chassis, not P80, so I am not sure what swaps in and what doesn't. Engine probably about the only thing.
                            I'm still working through it. Gearbox is the main driver as there's not many manual Volvo's about for a manual swap. The Ford gearbox (and the later s50 volvo) M66 boxes have aftermarket lsd options whereas the volvo 5 speed doesn't except in some rare model which now escapes me. They use an abs traction control system instead.

I suspect the driveshafts are different lengths and the hubs maybe different too, the mounts look to be in a similar position too. Would be an interesting project.

Comment

Saab's are rather versatile!

And I like Charlie, just saying

Name:	20210508_120340.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	7250674Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_121933.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	7250675Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_123221.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	7250676

Comment

I missed this, very cool pick up.
                                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X