Talk to me about Saabs .. and Volvos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
    when i was a yoof, i regularly got pulled over by these, so i recokon you should make a replica.....
    -
    Eeewww. Only thing I'm taking from that is the headlight wipers. Am on the hunt for a set 😊
    Originally posted by thebluerx7
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

theyre part of the cold climate pack. im after some for the 240. whats next for yours? iirc theres cheap pad options as thweyre shared with something ford....
      I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
      WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
      robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Not sure what's next. It needs an lsd, is pretty spritely. More boost is always the answer, not sure how much headroom I have in these injectors. I've seen about 12psi I think.

- Wheels
        - more boost
        - headlining
        - those shaved headlights from the us models??
        - headlight windscreen wipers
        - front seats retrimmed or replaced
        - pcv rebuild
        - 6speed manual plus lsd out of a c30 t5 (unlikely but would be so good)

Then I'm probably done with it, it's a pretty nice daily now, I have a supra if I want to drive fast.
        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

I remember one of these being the first "nice" car I had been in. I think the quality of the leather stands out.

20 odd years later I managed to convince the nopics to get it's grand kid. Volvo wagons are understated cool! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20210529143702.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	7259552
          POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by timtx5 View Post
            Click image for larger version

Hey, nice Stagea! I haven't seen that factory wheel option
            "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

I remember one of these being the first "nice" car I had been in. I think the quality of the leather stands out.

20 odd years later I managed to convince the nopics to get it's grand kid. Volvo wagons are understated cool! Click image for larger version

Envious. Wanted a V60 when I bought my XC60, but there was nothing around that met my criteria. Now I have the XC60, that shape V60 is on the cards for the next upgrade.
              Swedish Soot Chucker
              Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post

Am on the search for some wheels. Volvo type r pegasus wheels would be perfect or something like an xt7 which look similar. See how the fun account goes.

Re the old man's e he has one of these (this picture is his car) : https://www.concours.com.au/recreati...ype-recreation

3.8 alloy billet block, wide angle c&g head, e85 , 400hp at crank, 900 ish kgs.

And one of these: https://www.concours.com.au/recreati...rag-recreation

4.2 , haltech, t56, air con 200 rwkw at 5850rpm approx 1000kgs.

On the lolvo it's so funny to me that a large car like the v70/850 is such a small car today. Sure its a fair bit longer but here she is next to a Mitsubishi colt 🤣

Name:	20210607_175517.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	7259199
                Just checked out those links, seriously cool cars. Your dad has very good taste!

For Pegasus wheels, it might be worth a look on Yahoo Japan, as weird as that sounds. They don't come up for sale often over here, and are pretty expensive, however whenever I was bored and looked at wheels on Yahoo there were always a few sets available.

The headlight wipers seem to have came standard on V70R and S60R models, so might be worth specifically looking for those?

Comment

Niiiiice!! That looks great!

Comment

Local V70 XC's of around the 1998 Vintage had the headlight wipers if you can find one!!!
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Then I'm probably done with it, it's a pretty nice daily now, I have a supra if I want to drive fast.
                      ill sit and await the " just ordered a gt3076r and some 1000cc injectors, aim is 600bhp" post.....

Comment

- Wheels
                        Will the XR5 wheels fit? Paint them bronze?

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	7260138
                        "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Damo, get to Kmart...

Comment

Sweet! Thanks all.

Bren great idea re japan

mizone they do I think but centre bore is different, 63.1mm on this chassis 850/p80/v70/s70/c70 and I think 65 ish mm on the later ones

piss98 good thinking, should be able to find some at the wreckers

timtx5 that's mint. Is it the turbo supercharged 2 litre?

@neek enroute!

Sloth indeed my good man, indeed. Once manual goes in.

I've been on yahoo japan and found some of the R pegasus wheels but fuck me they are expensive , or the yen has fingered the aud - $1300 for a set and that's the japan price before delivery freight etc.

It'd probably be cheaper buying a whole car from auction.

Meanwhile back in snail world:

Name:	20210609_155444.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	7260168

The dancing moose....lol

Name:	20210610_103015.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	7260169

Name:	20210610_103033.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	7260170

Comment

hahah moose ftw! whats the difference between this and a T5-R

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                                hahah moose ftw! whats the difference between this and a T5-R
                                I'm not 100% as this is all new to me; but I think

- R wheels
                                - R suspension
                                - 225bhp here vs 240bhp on the R (3psi? Same turbo I think)
                                - front bumper is different
                                - dash maybe got R treatment??

Comment

Working...
                                X