X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saabs are great

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
      I can put you in touch with a guy in Brisbane who has 17 of them and is unloading most so he can move back to England. He loves these things and has some reasonable cars he must sell.
      Do it Damo, move now before the ship has sailed.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

There's an '01 C9-3 aero auto on carslaes for $1200 in Canberra. Guy has advertised it as an S, can't see anyone getting the proper aero body kit, wheels and interior on a shitbox S. I was going to low ball the guy but I've got no where to put it.

Comment

also theres a turbo X for sale in Sydney at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Monza View Post
            I can seriously empathise but, no
            But V6 turbo...

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
            owned an early 97 9-5 manual. was a good beater. the one to get is a 9-3 aero manual b234r code engine light body and easily tuned. your a set of injectors and a decat off 350bhp
            Ma' man, hoped you'd chip in

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
            early 900 Turbo or Viggen, otherwise no

isn't there some weirdo on here with a viggen?
            It looks like a few weirdos...Also the turbo x or the one below is a hidden classic I reckon?? No

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
            Stop being a pelican Damo. You just got rid of the Merc and now looking at these. You know how I know?
            Hang on, you even look like an architect, you should totally endorse this, [I] it's for the school run[I/]

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
            avoid the v6's, not a tuneable and parts dont exist.
            Fuck. Even the turbo ones??

Originally posted by drscrote View Post
            I had an 80s 900 turbo was cool.

90s Carlsson as an intern was very good. Driving back from Creamfields over Snake Pass full of great mates after a great night was one of my all time good drives.
            9-3 Aero ten years ago. Much electrical issues, computer modules scrapping out $2K a pop.

All manuals.

Early ones cool. Are you training to be a doctor / architect?
            My man, halves in the blue two door manual I posted??
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by thebluerx7
            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by LoveB View Post
              saabs are great

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
              Do it Damo, move now before the ship has sailed.
              Yes my precious, but which one?

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
              There's an '01 C9-3 aero auto on carslaes for $1200 in Canberra. Guy has advertised it as an S, can't see anyone getting the proper aero body kit, wheels and interior on a shitbox S. I was going to low ball the guy but I've got no where to put it.
              Linky? I was just down there :-/

Originally posted by LoveB View Post
              also theres a turbo X for sale in Sydney at the moment.
              They are a bit of an orphan but I reckon a goer, but I want a wagon, I don't think they came in a wagon did they? Kind of UFO ish in person, are they a good steer?
              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post

I would own a 9-5 wagon with manual and the 2.3 engine (not looking at the 300hp white one on Bumtree by any chance are you?)

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
                Yup. But WA. Cheap fasts!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/appl...une/1154462497

Comment

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4667542/?Cr=8
                  Cheap Aero,

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                    Buy a Volvo instead, at least they are safe
                    Yeah nah. No wait...yep just checked, Volvo is still in shed some 3 years on so sure, its safe.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post

Yes my precious, but which one?

Linky? I was just down there :-/

They are a bit of an orphan but I reckon a goer, but I want a wagon, I don't think they came in a wagon did they? Kind of UFO ish in person, are they a good steer?
                      https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...13372717/?Cr=0

drove one before but not in anger. drives really nice actually. I reckon it looks good too.

but the last 4 months maybe I've been trying to find a 9-5 wagon aero.

needs to be silver, needs to be auto and needs to have klingon wheels.

otherwise I know of an enduro that might be up for sale.

Comment

One of my brother's mates has a 9-3 turbo wagon. He loves it, I keep telling he's mad and should have just bought a WRX. It seems to be reliable for him over a quite a number of years... will fit numerous olympic javelins in it.
                        As much as I give him shit about it I can see the appeal and well if you buy it dirt cheap, how bad can it be...

Comment

An old mate of mine ran a Saab workshop before his passing last year.

You don't want a V6 one.

Comment

i have also always wanted a toppola

Comment

yeah a mate has had two as per buttonman's post

first was a 9-3 and was a huge steaming POS. blew the turbo then spun a balance shaft bearing all within a month or so of ownership

second one is a blue 9-5 wagon and he bought it pre-broken lol. did the timing chain and engine mounts and swapped in new bearings (just cos) and it seems to be ok now. it's a 2.3 turbo auto, with the aero turbo and intercooler on it. he is selling it for fuckall if you want to get into one which hopefully shouldnt explode anymore. he realised saabs are lame and bought a v8 soarer just like me. it also has the right wheels

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ouri...gon/1152892827
                              1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

I had an 80 Turbo.
                                Plus side, very comfy, nice ride, great handling. Minus side, mechanically complex, weak gearbox, fucken expensive parts.

I would imagine a lot of parts for 80's cars would be getting rare now but I must admit the Wassabi did get my heart pumping a bit, great sleeper.

oh, the last thing, the drivers side lower wishbone eventually snaps at the inboard lugs, usually on full lock in reverse but I can't help thinking it could also happen when careening down a mountain pass at full noise :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X