• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done, looks mint
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
      Can't wait to see what you do with this one.
      Oh i've got a long list of things sitting here on my desk...

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
      Bloke up the road from me has one of these (not Portfolio though) and does regular track days in it.

Looks pretty stock apart from the tow and battery stickers but it sounds phenomenal
      Wouldn't be my first choice for a trackday car, but good on him! Got any pics of it?

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
      I like these things. Really like the F-TYPE but can't believe the prices for the V8!! I genuinely hope it does make you happy.
      The coupes & convertibles hold their prices much better than the sedans for some reason. You can buy a 5.0L XFR for $40k these days, but a 5.0L XKR is still $90k or so.

Even if I could afford an F-Type, I wouldn't buy one, too cramped in the cabin for me. The XKR has pretty much the same cabin space in the front as the XJR.

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
      Winning! Still something you can work on yourself?
      Oh yeah, within reason. I'm past the point of pulling gearboxes & shit, but since I have all the factory diagnostic gear, I could do anything, if I wanted to.

Originally posted by Potsy View Post
      Nice one, are you keeping the black beast ?
      The old man has forbidden me from selling the XJR, so it's staying. It needs some loving so now I can put it off the road to get shit done.

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
      Well done, looks mint
      It's grey Chuck.

With the wisdom of hindsight, I should have bought one of these XKR's 5 years ago in England instead of the XJR... time to put that right.
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Pic for inspiration

2008 XKR-S
        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Man that is a fucking cool car!! Congrats on the purchase, and kudos to your old man for the awesome advice!

Comment

Fuck yeah! Can't wait to see this thing in the flesh Cam!
            Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
            If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
            we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

i like these. JLR let me have a weekend in the 5.0S one. was so much fun lol

Comment

Finally!

Great pics I know....

Comment

ok im ready for your XJR

lol

Comment

Boom
                    Originally posted by thebluerx7
                    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Comment

I think we need pics with the 110 jammed in there when I finally get to come around for a tune lol

Comment

Will a 110 fit under the door? I got a Disco 4 in with it lowered in access mode.

Plates are on, it's ready to go, but I'll need to give it a service before it gets a thrashing.

Comment

And that is a proper gentleman's garage....
                            Just needs more leather Chesterfield high wingback chairs, smoking jackets and brandy balloons.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                              And that is a proper gentleman's garage....
                              Just needs more leather Chesterfield high wingback chairs, smoking jackets and brandy balloons.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
                              LOL, funny you should mention it... I do have most of the items on your list.

Took this thing for a blat around the block, it's hilariously hopeless with the open diff and traction control off, lights up the inside wheel at every opportunity. 4 year old 295/30 Pilot Supersports that are well past their best. I'll be on the phone to the UK tonight to sort out a Quaife LSD. Absolutely no point in squeezing more power out of it until the traction issues are resolved.

It's a very different car to the XJR. In the power delivery and in the touchy-feely aspects. The trans is really aggressive, it blips the throttle when you shift down with the paddles which is a bit over the top sometimes. It also shifts down when you jump on the brakes.

Needs a reversing camera asap, can't see shit out the back at night, I've got some facelift LED taillights for it which have much brighter reverse lamps, which should help as well.

So far so good.

Comment

Very nice mate. Great buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X