Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaguar XKR Portfolio - the poor mans Aston

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Jaguar XKR Portfolio - the poor mans Aston

    Cheers.

    Figured I might as well crack on, so I got stuck into the DAB+ installation.







    Fuck me, it works!

    DAB wasn't an option from the factory when this car was built, let alone DAB+

    I tried this on another XK a few weeks ago and got nothing, so happy days, I was thinking I'd have to replace the touchscreen with one from a later model, stoked!

    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

    Comment


      #47
      Small wins are always good.

      That is a seriously sexy garage, definitely needs a side by side with both jags compared to the fire fucked beginnings for some feel good vibes.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

      Sometimes im too busy to take names.

      Comment


        #48
        They are very pretty cars. One of my customers has an 2000 XKR convertible 4.0 supercharged. Very nice car that didn't cost the earth second hand, compared to new price.

        Comment


          #49
          i need atleast 2.2m to clear the roof hahahaha

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
            Small wins are always good.
            Turns out I've stumbled across a bit of a unicorn. I sent the scan of the car to my ex-JLR tech guru. The software in the touchscreen is not the same as the earlier models, and not in the usual software database either. He's a bit gobsmacked. Apart from the DAB working (which it shouldn't) there's a few other small details in the touchscreen which are "new". Pure luck to stumble across this, but a win is a win.

            Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
            That is a seriously sexy garage, definitely needs a side by side with both jags compared to the fire fucked beginnings for some feel good vibes.
            Maybe I'll find some time on the weekend for pictures, how's this for now?



            Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post
            They are very pretty cars. One of my customers has an 2000 XKR convertible 4.0 supercharged. Very nice car that didn't cost the earth second hand, compared to new price.
            Yeah there's something special about them, that's for sure.
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

            Comment


              #51
              Nice....I assume it sounds like sex with a Victorias Secret model
              .

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                Turns out I've stumbled across a bit of a unicorn. I sent the scan of the car to my ex-JLR tech guru. The software in the touchscreen is not the same as the earlier models, and not in the usual software database either. He's a bit gobsmacked. Apart from the DAB working (which it shouldn't) there's a few other small details in the touchscreen which are "new". Pure luck to stumble across this, but a win is a win.


                Maybe I'll find some time on the weekend for pictures, how's this for now?




                Yeah there's something special about them, that's for sure.
                That's a cool pic man!! And I love the fact that you've got a rare, quite new Jaaaaag and you're getting straight in to modifying it! Perfect 😁

                Comment


                  #53
                  The tone of this thread made me rethink my current thoughts on what my next car should be. You are, afterall, a long time dead.

                  Hope you can derive some joy from this mate

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by bahaimus View Post
                    The tone of this thread made me rethink my current thoughts on what my next car should be. You are, afterall, a long time dead.
                    Same, gorgeous car enjoy!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      nice car, and nice shed
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Always going to be a better to compare to, in this case though, pron as is, either car would be fucking awesome in their relative ways.

                        Personally, I'd be happy with an x100 xk8 (well, the xkr specifically) that everyone says are gay/are just big boy mx5s. The later ones are just less homo/more awesome.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                          Turns out I've stumbled across a bit of a unicorn. I sent the scan of the car to my ex-JLR tech guru. The software in the touchscreen is not the same as the earlier models, and not in the usual software database either. He's a bit gobsmacked. Apart from the DAB working (which it shouldn't) there's a few other small details in the touchscreen which are "new". Pure luck to stumble across this, but a win is a win.


                          Maybe I'll find some time on the weekend for pictures, how's this for now?




                          Yeah there's something special about them, that's for sure.
                          Nice spread! Good choice in cars... I want one...
                          Originally posted by piss98
                          fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Nice car (s) man, very jelly

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Nice buy....M122 on its way yet?
                              GT8
                              1UZ Celica
                              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Needs more both reversed parked in there for ultimate efame.

                                Otherwise, perfect garage.

                                Kennebelle time?
                                Originally posted by thebluerx7
                                The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X