No announcement yet.

Jaguar XKR Portfolio - the poor mans Aston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I know, no biggie. Funny thing is both these V8 Jags I have don't leak anything, but the older ones I had , with the Ford V6 engines leaked like hell...
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Good shit. I always liked the shape of these things. I had no idea this Portfolio version existed.

Pics of brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Flibberty Gibbets View Post
        He's ragging on your rust-proofing, man.
        Hey I used to be a massive Jag fan up until my nopics arrived in a Mk10/420G on our wedding day.

Nowadays the leaping cats just trigger nightmares and panic attacks.
        Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
          Good shit. I always liked the shape of these things. I had no idea this Portfolio version existed.

Pics of brakes?
          Here's the special bling of the Portfolio's

Haven't pulled a wheel off yet so here's a pic I stole from the internet of the front brakes.

Edit

Here's one of the new front rotors to go on it

People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

I'm late to the party but congratulations on a very nice purchase! There is one of these near me that must have a crazy aftermarket exhaust as its quite loud. Sounds sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
              I'm late to the party but congratulations on a very nice purchase! There is one of these near me that must have a crazy aftermarket exhaust as its quite loud. Sounds sweet.
              Thanks mate

The 5.0L's are really loud, especially the XKR-S which has a straight through centre pipe from the factory, I'm going to get a copy of that design made up for this one, if that's still not making the right noises then I'll be looking at 400 cell cats. Since I had that drama with choked cats on the XJR, I'm a bit suss about the cats on this thing already...

Comment

The brakes were the reason I wanted a Portfolio, some of the regular XKR's were also optioned with the Alcons but kind of few & far between in this country.

The production cars got the "cheaper" 1-piece rotors, but the first application with the Alcon's on the Palmersport XKR's had a 2-piece floating rotor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5palmerxkr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	6609813

You can get 2-piece rotors, but they cost a bomb...

Comment

Big. Brakes. Strewth!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                    Haven't pulled a wheel off yet so here's a pic I stole from the internet of the front brakes.

Edit

Here's one of the new front rotors to go on it

Not here to fuck spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                      Big. Brakes. Strewth!
                      Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                      Not here to fuck spiders.
                      Yep, fuck your 16" wheels, I got 16" brake rotors LOL

Comment

400mm? That's not mucking about.

Comment

Started cleaning the leather today, fuck now I remember why I wanted one with a black interior...

Before

And after

I gotta pull the seats out to change the carpets, so that'll be when I really get stuck into it.

(Got a pair of mint condition charcoal carpets to replace the dirty ivory ones).

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
                            Needs more both reversed parked in there for ultimate efame.

Comment

I don't always buy a new car, but when I do I always pull it apart within the first week of ownership...

And this is why I'm changing the carpets

Comment

I actually like the tan interior.
                                Originally posted by Dimi
                                80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                                Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                                My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Working...
                                X