That fucking VL...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome awesome read and really well done as a whole.

I personally reckon everything should have gone into the wagon, but this will be well cool once on the blacktop. Just keep chugging, the little bits every day add up very quickly.
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Love the level of OCD going into this mate
      1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
      1980 Gemini Sedan
      1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Thanks guys, this has been an on going fucking drama for years, was originally bought for S14 running gear, couldn't do that so sidelined for S14 build, then was going to do Barra, Hoffman (OKE020) convinced me that was a fucked idea and a JZ is betterer, then I've bought and done every other project in the middle and this poor thing keeps getting booted to the back of the pile and I don't even know why, I think its my favorite car!

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
        Going to steal shifter idea. [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
        let me know if you figure out how to make the overdrive button a trans-brake button and not look shit lol

Originally posted by gtrboyy View Post
        Holy shit you've gone all out on that one!!

Had a laugh at seatcover,instantly took me back to childhood.

You know it's a good shell when still got rust free windscreen sections then look at boot channel,boot floor & beaver usually rooted...bargain $700.

Reverse lockout flipped to other side in front of shifter is cool trick too so console stays uncut.
        Yeah the seat coves change the whole show, and it's what the original owner fitted so just gotta do it,
        Will look into flipping the lockout, I like that idea

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
        Awesome awesome read and really well done as a whole.

I personally reckon everything should have gone into the wagon, but this will be well cool once on the blacktop. Just keep chugging, the little bits every day add up very quickly.
        If the car wasn't already painted I may have, I even thought about doing a 1jz into it but I need another car like a whole in the fucking head..

Comment

Loving this... Great read.. Keep up the great work.
          1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
          1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

Brilliant man
            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Love this build, great thread !
              The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Used to love VL Commies when i was younger, that little rear spoiler lip is just right. This should be pretty slick when finished. Good work on the pics and write up.

Comment

How many damn cars do you own?
                  VL's do nothing for me but the attention to detail and theme of the build is stupidly satisfying.
                  It's taken me 3 evenings after work between housework and parenting to read this whole thing and I love it.

Comment

Thanks guys, Pretty keen to get this done but it wont happen this year, all the other ones seem to be more importanter

Originally posted by EJ DUDE View Post
                    How many damn cars do you own?
                    VL's do nothing for me but the attention to detail and theme of the build is stupidly satisfying.
                    It's taken me 3 evenings after work between housework and parenting to read this whole thing and I love it.
                    I'm not sure... I'd have to have a count....

Comment

Great work on achieving the desired look You would have possibly bought half those bits off another VL nut if shopping at South Bris Rare Spares.

Comment

Originally posted by 350stato View Post
                        Thanks guys, Pretty keen to get this done but it wont happen this year, all the other ones seem to be more importanter

I'm not sure... I'd have to have a count....
                        7 current projects... 10 if you count the 3 HQ's I have at the Bundaberg house, and a dirty VE daily plus womans Lancer...think that's all.. not including the 3 cars for parts though

Originally posted by TUFGMH View Post
                        Great work on achieving the desired look You would have possibly bought half those bits off another VL nut if shopping at South Bris Rare Spares.
                        That would have to be Larry ha ha

Comment

That is stunning. Pretty much exactly how I'd build a VL. Love how you can get nice brand new parts for it unlike us mere mortals with R31's.

Comment

Totally awesome really enjoyed reading it. Keep at it!
                            1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post
                              I've never cared for VL's, but this was immensely satisfying to read. I endorse this service and/or product.
                              Me neither, especially after I owned one, in this colour.

This however shits on mine from the Van Allen Belt. Assuming sufficient gravity to bring that Joe Dirt sized turd to earth (over my old VL if there's any justice).

Love your ongoing many faceted work mate.

Comment

Finally went to my cousins place to pick up the fuel tank from the acid dip, Actually came out better than I expected, I was convinced I would be searching for a new tank, bit of loose crap to clean out but will give it a good clean when I cut a hole in the to to play with it's innards, I thought the acid would kill everything but it didn't (as he told me lol) even the pen mark from factory under the strap showed up ( I assume factory)

A mate had this for sale off an alloy radiator he bought, fits VL radiator, he dropped it around for me, will prob swap out the fan for better quality Spal or Davis Craig, The clutch fan on the 2JZ is way to far off set to work in the VL

While he was here he picked an issue he had on a car, I would have done my head in trying to find it when the time came, apparently these handbrake cable guides are only for drum brake, he said when he went out the driveway on an angle the car would pull up, turns out it was pulling the handbrake cable on as it flexed, and they were tight on there, so fuck it...

Comment

Working...
                                X