The 1UZ KE20 Corolla.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha, I've been sitting here trying to come up with a decent excuse, but I just can't, maybe lack of sleep lol, I'll just blame Scott, there was originally talk of a little beaver tail on this..

Comment

Interior out, ready for cagey kinda stuff....

Comment

155mph pass in a KE20.. holy shit, thats just silly

Car looks pretty stable on the launch and everything though, how does it feel in car?

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
          155mph pass in a KE20.. holy shit, thats just silly

Car looks pretty stable on the launch and everything though, how does it feel in car?
          Was fine, felt good the whole way, nice and straight, much better than I expected lol

Comment

What suspension setup do you have?

Comment

Custom coilovers on front, stock leaf rear with extra leaf from another stock set and caltracs

Comment

Awesome result for such a simple setup

Comment

Took the box out of this last night,

Will send it off to see whats broken and send convertor off to Gilroy's Auto's to be what it was meant to be the first time,

Comment

Pulled convertor off to send, also to pull out what i hoped was a broken input shaft because its cheaper and I have a spare....

Cunt...

Shit just got expensive.

cunt

Comment

Slightly good news, turns out the pump gears are broken, thank fuck for that, new gears and maybe a pump housing and slot it back in then ready for cage.

Comment

So after having the box apart and fixed (new pump and it was mint) and the converter sent off, Andrew from Gilroy's automatics sent me a message saying he bets the pump in the box is fucked, I didn't tell him the box was broken, and I assumed because it was toasty inside the converter, but it was actually because the converter was bent, that's how it was made, he send me a vid but I cant be fucked loading it to youtube etc, its apparently 4mm out!! hence the smashed pump gears, so he fixed it all up and made it betterer, I dunno, still haven't used it but he knows my car, knows what I want and gave him all relevant info, sent it back,

While the car is apart for cage, box fix etc, I decided to change the fuel lines, I've never liked them where they are, they ran inside the car up one side, which was fine for it's intended purpose, but for what I want, no good, and the cage needs to be where the lines were, plus the fact they are getting a bit old and cracking on the outside slightly, so in my absolute genius, I've decided to go with Speedflow braided Teflon line to not only be safe but compliable for tech, I got 1 roll of -10 and 1 of -8 Teflon line and a few fitting to suit, This is what $1200 in Speedflow looks like, Holy fuck, I nearly died!!

This is where the old lines came through the fire wall into the bay, wanted to do away with the pushlock line

This is where it came though from the inside with bulkhead fittings

OKE020 welded up the little holes and I refitted as block off plate

Used original brake line holes for the bulk head fittings to run new lines

Changed the pump end and ran it out and under to the bulk head in the back of the wheel arch

Ran feed and return and pinned it all up under the car

Will hook up the return and and then do the rest of engine bay line in next few days, just trying to get all the under car stuff done for now to keep it off Scott's hoist at his shop so I can do the rest out of his way any time

Got the glide back in this arvo, not yet finished (tailshaft, exhaust etc) but it's at least bolted back in, might even have it running again by end of the weekend

Although Scott finding this little nugget today ensures there are no test skids straight away lol

Comment

Geoff dell converter was out of round?

did you take it back and slap it on his desk? Gileroys were just using him anyway, may have changed recently?
                          Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                          If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Originally posted by cracka View Post
                            Geoff dell converter was out of round?

did you take it back and slap it on his desk? Gileroys were just using him anyway, may have changed recently?
                            Yep, And I'm far from the only one, I have had conversations with so many people that have had heaps of drama's in the last couple years and more in the last 6-12 months than I've ever heard of, I swore by him once, but after this and others issues and a mate who has had the exact issue recently, I'll never be back, I wont even waste my time taking it back, old papa smurf is just grumpy now too, was just talking to another guy who has just had his done for the 3rd time and it's still wrong, time to hang up the tool in my opinion

I don't think Gilroy is using him anymore, could be wrong but from his replies it seems unlikely

Comment

Grumpy is understatement. He redid mine, yet to use. Iíll be sure to check it on a rotary table with an indicator before it goes in my unobtanium box of toughened glass.
                              Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                              If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Got the fuel system finished off today, hopefully doesn't leak, will test in next day or 2, this small hose was pesty as fuck.... rest went together pretty well,

Rest of system sorted

got tailshaft, convertor bolts, exhaust crossover etc done today as well, just needs rest of exhaust, trans dipstick, fluid and breather and should be able to be driven again!! yay fucken!

Sneaky pic of Bamboo goodness...

Comment

Working...
                                X