Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke's FD RX7 - FDL98

Comment

Comment

No mention of mgw shifter? I like this and its made easy using kits....like wow. Sweet. Will be mean cuz

Comment

This is why I added the disclaimer that it wasn't necessarily in order. If I documented it in actual order it would be a fucking mess! MGW shifter chapter is coming- it's a bad-ass bit of kit

Comment

Hell yea nice build.
            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Any info on the MGW shifter? I've heard on here they are pretty good.

Comment

I don't have the relevant pics with me but I'll update tomorrow night when I get home. It's a nice shifter

Comment

Looking good. I'm jealous that you'll get to drive yours on the street.
                  LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Nice project. Should be great to drive.

After looking at the effort required to do driveline swaps I'm thinking i might buy a written off shell to practice floor chop for seat lowering and half cage/corvette "its not a transaxle the oil isn't common" transaxle.

Comment

Nice work, love FDs, you're game to be modifying it when they're set to go stratospheric in value over the next five years but good on you doing what you want. Should be a good reliable thing on track. Are you doing all the work yourself?

Comment

Ha yeah well to both of you wait until we get to the part where we need to fit me in the car. I'm 6'7"..

I don't plan on selling it ever if it is as good as I hope

Comment

This is all kinds of win. Rotorlyfe can tend to break your heart. Cracking chassis with some V8 reliability has to be a good thing.

Comment

Great stuff. Keep an eye on the OEM welds where the Samberg Diff brace bolts on. Mine tore the OEM welds out and I ended up re welding the OEM bit and bolting it for good measure. Rest of FD chassis has been fine.
                            Is Walt gay?.....My coming out:>>>>>
                            https://youtu.be/IkL4lVMJqDk

Comment

Are you using the 8.8? I didn't see anything obviously wrong but I'll have another look. Thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X