X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
    I love my stainless exhaust.

And itís ready for its second maiden voyage tomorrow morning. I like breaking down in front of PFers.

Holy smokes. Kudos to you bro, awesome build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 26ODET View Post
      Don't you just wire it into the field wire (brown?) and then to the ignition +ve. It's all we did on ours.
      There are two wires to the alternator - purple/white and brown/white. Purple white goes to the ECU which I thought excited it. Brown white goes somewhere else so I sent that to the stock charge light signal wire. Unless the polarity is wrong. Better probe it later

Comment

They shit the bed if not wired correctly. Ve/vf are ecu controlled, so you are right going to ecu. They also charge by default if nothing is attached
        Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

There are two wires to the alternator - purple/white and brown/white. Purple white goes to the ECU which I thought excited it. Brown white goes somewhere else so I sent that to the stock charge light signal wire. Unless the polarity is wrong. Better probe it later
          I think that you are looking for a grounded output from the alternator which has 0v when off and then 14v at run. You then supply 12v to that output with the bulb inline, with the idea that once the field is excited the line sees 12v at either end and therefore the light goes out. If the alternator stops supplying voltage, the output goes back go ground and the light comes on. Older alternators needed the field to be excited to start to generate, don't think it is the case now.

Not sure why it goes to the ECU? Maybe just to log codes.

Comment

They are modulated by the ecu with a specific frequency.

Comment

Yeah so the purple wire runs to the ecu and the brown wire I ran to the charge light on the dash. If that is earthed the light comes on. So itís wired the way you say 260DET

Iíll do some probing

EDIT- Just checked my spreadsheet and both wires go to the factory ECU.. Unsure why I decided to run one to the light- I forgot now.

So I guess I run them as per factory and install some sort of device that I'm sure is available that earths below 13V and above 16V or something? I really don't want a separate gauge in the car

Comment

This thing;

Looks tits

Sounds fucking awesome

And fits me like a glove.

can you please confirm my position on the future buyers list top 10?
                Originally posted by thebluerx7
                The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

you should hear it running on 8 :knock:

Oh and youíre up the pointy end mate. He who has cash...

Comment

Yeah so the purple wire runs to the ecu and the brown wire I ran to the charge light on the dash. If that is earthed the light comes on. So itís wired the way you say 260DET

Iíll do some probing

EDIT- Just checked my spreadsheet and both wires go to the factory ECU.. Unsure why I decided to run one to the light- I forgot now.

So I guess I run them as per factory and install some sort of device that I'm sure is available that earths below 13V and above 16V or something? I really don't want a separate gauge in the car
                    Does it charge unplugged? If so just leave it like that

Comment

Itís all good I had both wired to the ecu but spliced into the brown wire for charge light. Unsure how that came about - I think it was internet info. Anyway it charges fine now just need to figure out a charge light hookup for the dash.

Comment

Charge light is BCM controlled in the Commodore.

Comment

I used to think Porsches had rifle bolt gear shifts until I felt this thing. Holy snapping duckshit Batman. It's marriage material.
                          The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

Thanks guys. Drove it to work today and went fine. Can we do that cruise again this weekend??

Comment

I want to hate on this but can't. Will be happy to see/hear it one day, looks tits. :D

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
                              PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

Walked and drove past a rough FD in (mostly) the same colour as this a few times over the weekend near the inlaws place... it hasn't moved in months - tempting me to offload the GTV at silly money and do a V8 FD...
                                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Working...
                                X