Hq Belmont Wagon (the 'Grocery Getter')

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off she went to my mates work shop, Kev @ KPM Gatton, finished up all loose ends, full exhaust dumped at diff for the moment, got it running & tunned in only a few days. Picked it up last friday ready for the drags.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately it rained all weekend and Dragfest got postponed to December 8/9 , she needs lowering all round whe nsitting on the 255s & needs a set of 15s up the front. In saying that at the moment she hooks great on the street, So 14s went back on. Modplated this week & brrn driving it every afternoon, looking to cruise to willowbank this saturday and have its first skid down a track with the l77!!!!

Thanks to Kev & Peta @ Kpm Perfromance, Ross @ JSR Performance & Wal @ Auto Gear Auto Electrical. She came together quick in 2 weeks.

Comment

This car is unreal. Venetians and everything.

Are you thinking of doing a bit of resto work to the paint/trims?

Comment

Nice to see it all come together.
          BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Mate at the moment it has come together real quick. Goal is to daily it all year, have some fun & do both qld & vic drag challanges as is then we will dobpaint & panel
            Originally posted by The Panda View Post
            This car is unreal. Venetians and everything.

Are you thinking of doing a bit of resto work to the paint/trims?

Comment

Will be hotting up the 1/4 tomorrow night, see how she goes

Comment

Looking good man. The LS is way better than the OG 6 banger. Nice work.

Comment

Mayden voyage today, will cruise to willowbank and hopefully get a few passes tonight, finalize some tunning and may turn the bottle on at the end of the night!!! Goal tonight will be to run into the 11s n/a , will keep the revs down and shift around 5800 as I haven't installed the arp headstuds, double valve springs and hardened push rods. Any predictions? 11.50 would be nice

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks mate, will only get better!
                    Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
                    Nice to see it all come together.

Comment

So drove this from warwick to willowbank yesterday on 14s, crusied mint roughly 3300rpm @ 100ish, on e85. Pulled up at willowbank, jacked it up and put the 255/60/15 Drag Radials on, lined up around 5.30 and got my first pass at 7.45pm!!!! Nice easy burnout 2nd to 3rd, the old girl loves to skid.

Left just slighty off idel around 1400 rpm, 1.83 to 60ft and it wouldnt change into 2nd gear? 1200 rpm delay... finally shifts into 2nd and it starts slipping, so shifted straight into 3rd and ran it out the back door, 12.4 @ 113 mph.

Checked transmisson oil, level was spot on but decided to top it up another litre. 2nd run stalled it up to 2700 rpm, spun the tyres about 40ft out tryed shifting into 2nd & it just sat on the rev limter in 1st, shifted into top and ran 12.7 @ 109mph.

Oil is burnt so the th400 will be pulled out this week and checked out. Will get a transbrake setup while its out.

Comment

Mate that sucks to hear, such a long way to travel!
                        meh

Comment

Originally posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
                          Mate that sucks to hear, such a long way to travel!
                          Haha its only a hour n 10 man

Comment

Thats a bit of a bummer!!! only a couple of weeks till DC...surely you can make it

Comment

Bummer on the gearbox. Keep us updated
                              Originally posted by thebluerx7
                              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by Junga2365 View Post
                                Haha its only a hour n 10 man
                                Really! Man that's funny i have to go 2hrs to willowbank!
                                meh

Comment

Working...
                                X