Hq Belmont Wagon (the 'Grocery Getter')

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made street machine, happy with that. 2 photos!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Last minute decision last night to enter Kendra Radial Drag Event this Saturday @ Willowbank. Should of had a fresh set of radials but wasn't planning on racing. Putting new control arm bushes this week, ready for bulk gas

Comment

Looked like you had a ball at kenda man flexing the old girl up

Comment

Kenda was a blast, went back to a 255 et street R, was a bad move, alot more consistent but lost exactly a tenth with radial prep, the track was tight! And went from running 1.45 60ft to 1.49/1.50.

Qualifing went well 6.83 & 6.86 @ only 94 mph off the gas a tad early each pass. With over 30 cars they split the class into 2, I qualified 15 in the top/fastest 16 Cars

Round 1 - Raced a 434 sbc 2 door monaro. Got a massive holeshot on him .150 reaction to his .400 somthing. 6.78 @ 99mph beat his 6.58!!!!

Round 2 - Raced a old 56 chev, another holeshot & a 6.79 @99 beat his low 6.7

Round 3, with 5 other cars having won 2 from 2 and knowing they were all faster than me. I knew I had to step my game up in the 3rd round if i wanted any chances of making the finals.

So in goes the 150 shot Jet, Few changes to the timing retard & in went a aggressive nitrous curve... while going into stage I had my radio on and heard I needed to run 6.48 or quicker!!!

Game on stall it to 3000 revs and let it eat, Axle Tramp and no traction with a sharp pedal it hooked up pulling the front left up high. 6.86 @ 101.9 mph with a shitty 1.64 60ft. Also banged the rev limter hard in 1st and turned the gas off for .5 of a second. But still got the win 3/3 just missed out on the finals.

So now the plan is new 2 way adjustable Vikings rear shocks, McDonald brothers adjustable control arms and back to 235 et streets and try and chase 6.50s at radial riot.

Comment

Awesome mate! Sounds like a heap of fun
            meh

Comment

Originally posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
              Awesome mate! Sounds like a heap of fun
              Just slowly chipping away at it. Had the thought of going turbo... brought some manifolds but have decided to stick with current combo. May even chase a 9 second pass next year, stock bottom end... nitrous , 3700 pounds.

Comment

Working...
              X