Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my experience only

Tuff mount - they were 60mm out and needed to be raise, but for $400 they got me the materials that I cut up and made my own
    Castlemain - anything that I have bought from them doesn't fit but gets you 90% of the way.

As Marv said his brake conversion was shit, not something that can be modified easily by the home DIY guy, headers on the other hand will get you most of the way and you may only need to chop and change one pipe

Comment

A mutual mate of KE26 Wagon and mine has had zero problems using Pacemaker headers, MAST sump and Tuff Mount mounts on 3 different LS Kingswoods he's done (one of which I helped on).

It's not cheap stuff but it all bolted together super-easy and was quality gear straight out of the packet

Comment

Who does that kit marv? Or just brought separately... thanks for the input fellas, my first ls swap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought separate. This was a story I did on one of the 3 LS swaps Scotty has done into HQ-WBs. Might give you some more ideas/help, mate.

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/fea...wood-tech-talk

Comment

Engine sorted, pick up sunday. Will get in and order parts i need for the conversion kit next week. Then start to sort / order fuel system & ecu.

Comment

Ecu sorted and will be a few weeks away. Now to do some research and work out the fuel system.

Comment

Modify the tank with a VE swirl pot and just run the 1 line to the front. Easiest way IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
                If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
                we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

Originally posted by krisr View Post
                  Modify the tank with a VE swirl pot and just run the 1 line to the front. Easiest way IMO.

Okay mate, what HP will that handle mate?

Comment

Hq Belmont Wagon (the 'Grocery Getter')

Look forward to watching this. Don't think you'll regret pulling the old chugger out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent, its all happening now!

Comment

Originally posted by Junga2365 View Post
                        Okay mate, what HP will that handle mate?

Depends on the pump you put in it. I put an aeromotive 300lph pump in mine and don't have any FP issues anymore. Engine is nothing crazy, about 500hp so there's plenty left in it.

Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
                        If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
                        we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

Setting the fuel system & ecu up so it can handle some power down the track, and the diff & gearbox. L77 engine will do to get the car setup properly and enough hopfully to stick into the high 10s aspo.

Comment

L77? Get rid of the stock lifters & lifter buckets. DOD shit.

L98 valley cover & lifter buckets are what you want, with LS7 lifters.

Comment

Already on it mate, Its a L77 , 30,000kms since new, D.O.D deltete kit, new springs & 233/233 (.591/.596) lift cam, 102mm throttle body, complete donk, 420 rwhp. Upgrades to this motor will be shaved heads, mild port/polish and a new angrier cam, like a 236/249 and double valve springs. And a dry nitrous systrm, got a Turbo 400 (900hp spec) will be getting transbraked & 3500 stall

Comment

Picked the L77 up today !! Only had 35,000 kms on the engine since new, and 500kms ago it had a new 233/233 (.591/.596) lift cam, new ls7 lifters with d.o.d delete kit, 102mm throttle body. Was suppose to have made 430 rwhp but with a manual behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X