Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hq Belmont Wagon (the 'Grocery Getter')

Hey all, last 2 months i have been looking for a tuff streeter, somthing i can Drag Race/Roll Race etc, i have wanted to do Vic Drag Challange for the last couple years now and would really like to attened next year!!!! Any how havent really found what i have wanted so i am now thinking of building my Streeter up, HQ Belmont Wagon. Red 202, 3 on the tree.

I have 5 options in mind

1. Keep it as a Red 202, Paint & Panel and restore it back into its prime days.

2. Build a stout 6 cylinder setup, either Turbocharged or Supercharged ( and probley only run 13s)

3. Ls1/2 Cammed etc, 9 inch & TH400.... have a nice 11 second streeter.

4. Ls Single Turbo, aftermarket ecu, built donk with a borg warner or pro boost 42 size turbo. Th400 & 9inch

5. My Favorite, 400 + Cube Small Block Chev, Powerglide & 9 inch, and on the bottle for the track & roll racing. Leave the body as is for the moment, untubbed and on et streets 235 or 255...

I am not 100 % sure if this is the right car to build atm and it will be a half budget build, not a 7 second car but will be aiming for a high 9 second streeter.
    Here are some current photos of the old girl

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice car. Leave stock n keep it on the road.
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

thats awesome.

I reckon 572 crate motor with 2 100mm rear mounted turbo's behind the backseat.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Sweet wags!

I reckon if your on a budget and aiming for 9's eventually, then LS turbo is the only way your going to get there for cheap.

However, a small block on nos is also a good option

Comment

Be good but way way outta budget !!!!! Plans to be a awesome tuff cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Junga2365 View Post
            Be good but way way outta budget !!!!! Plans to be a awesome tuff cruiser.
            Ok, but you plan on doing drag challenge with this? that wont be cheap what ever way you decide.

Nothing wrong with a Holden 308 for a bit of cruiser fun.

Comment

#BarraTheWorld
              AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
                Ok, but you plan on doing drag challenge with this? that wont be cheap what ever way you decide.

Have a few parts already that will make this build cheaper, BBC could be on the agenda but was looking at going the sbc route for quicker build and abit easier on Roadworthy in QLD.

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post

Sorry mate, i just realized i repled to the wrong comment. Was talkimg about the twin turbo big block setup not the ls turbo. Yes the LS Turbo could be a nice cheap setup, taking the risk on a stock bottom end. It is on the cards mate

Comment

2jz
                    Originally posted by Marv
                    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Leave this alone. Buy another one and kill the old man twice with the biggest angriest motor you can afford and big wheels.

Comment

The important question is does it have those dash air vents that you can flick once you get up to speed and they keep spinning?

Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                        Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                        1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Not many Belmonts around anymore let alone unmolested ones, I'd personally leave it stock and restore it, not that many other people would I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV View Post
                            Not many Belmonts around anymore let alone unmolested ones, I'd personally leave it stock and restore it, not that many other people would I guess.
                            x234ty.

Alternatively period v8.

Please
                            for the children.
                            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV View Post
                              Weren't the Belmonts the most basic spec Kingswood you could buy? No floor mats, no radio, bench seats and three on the tree. I'm a little surprised it has 202.
                              Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

Comment

Working...
                              X