Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS46 crown wagon

So I already have my ae86 project on here but thought I would also start posting about this one seeing as I've started working on it!
    So the story goes;
    Saw this thing up on gumtree about 4 years ago parked in a paddock out Ipswich way, went and looked at it and decided not to buy it. It was cheap at the time and pretty straight for the age of the car but just not the best timing to get it
    Fast forward about 1 year and it comes up on ebay in brissy, and it looks like it had been lowered and the listing said it was "running"......so i put a low bid on it but missed out again - ohwell I thought, this car just shouldnt be mine.....3 days later I get a text from ebay from the owner saying the winning bidder didnt want to pay for shipping to sydney and it was mine for a paltry $300.......so I said sure! Only problem was I had no place to store it :knock:
    So I eventually found an outdoor storage area where it sat for almost a year

After moving to a house I could bring it to it sat for another 2 years under the house being used as a storage unit .
    About a year ago there was an add on gumtree for parts for an RS46 in Tamworth, I had no idea how much gear this guy had until I got there! Turns out he stripped one of these back in 1981 to restore when he was 18, well that never happened and he had pretty much a whole car bar the chassis sitting under his house - for 36 years!!
    And lucky it was under a house cause this stuff was GOOOOOOD (for $200 I cant complain) I got glass/doors/tailgate/chrome/bonnet/hubcaps/door skins etc .....also GENUINE STILL IN TOYOTA PACKAGING chrome door sills!

So I thought that was a good score, and now its all packed away for when I need it - so as of now I kinda have 1.5 RS46'S in my shed

Comment

As of last week I decided to start on it. Now I was aware of how small the 4cyl engine bays were but not THIS small!! Mainly because of the upper wishbone arms and the steering box, I think it's pretty funny that I can fit a V6 into the ae86 but not the crown!
      In my head the choices were LS1/1UZ/ecotec V6/1GGTE, but it was not to be these.........I bought a seized 2AZ to see how it went;

Fits pretty well actually

Now....I woud go down this path IF it wasn't for the cost, a new engine + ecu to run it and fab work for inlet/exhaust etc was going to be over $3000. So that idea went in the bin!

Comment

What about a 3rz?

(I dunno what a 2az is)
        BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

2AZ = 2AZFE = camry motor.

3rz would be possible, I drive a hilux with one so it had crossed my mind and will most likely be my "backup" motor choice. I have a lead on a cheap LX90 diesel chaser setup (2L-TE) that i would rather try so we will see.....

Comment

looking forward to updates
            www.holditflat.com

Comment

cool quirky project

what year is this ?

but wow these are spare change to buy..

`

Comment

Sweet, do like me some old school crowns.

Will be keen to see this progress!

Comment

Subscribed! Looks great. Awesome pickup on the parts too. I agree 3rz Would be cool.
                  Originally posted by thebluerx7
                  The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Oh this is you!! Love the 2AZ.

Still think your idea of a Moo would be pretty cheap and cheerful.
                    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                    Originally posted by ALLMTR
                    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Fuck these are cool saw my first one a few months back and have been obsessed since, such a great shape and a rare sight!

Comment

Dis gon be goood!

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
                        PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

So, was it actually running as the seller advertised when you got it?

Comment

That thing is cool as fuck!!

Keen for updates

Comment

So cool, would make an epic cruiser.

Wouldnt bother with the Ecomoo, just go straight to the L67 Supercharged version. Pretty cheap and decent value - go well, respond to mods and lose all the mooing due to the blower. Dropped one into the VS the nopics owned years ago and it was quicker than a VE SV6 Manual so they scoot along alright.
                              1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
                              1980 Gemini Sedan
                              1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Working...
                              X