X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Originally posted by Guido View Post
    Can I be the boring voice of reason and suggest getting the motor and manwell gearbag in the hole and running just right before further contemplation/collection of such automotive shenanigans?*

*I say this because I'd probably not take this advice, buy a whole bunch of shit, change my mind, delay the build a year or two and needlessly spend twice as much.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
      Can I be the boring voice of reason and suggest getting the motor and manwell gearbag in the hole and running just right before further contemplation/collection of such automotive shenanigans?*

*I say this because I'd probably not take this advice, buy a whole bunch of shit, change my mind, delay the build a year or two and needlessly spend twice as much.
      Shut up you.
      Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig Red Pig!
      "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

cheers gents. Job for the next few weeks is empty the shed out and get some workspace back.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D57370A7-5344-48F5-BD0D-83C06C4EA5F5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	6612532

Well, hello there!
          I also got the carbys sorted and it runs beautifully now.

Comment

Comment

Lets be honest for fuel and air it is good enough. Interfacing is the only headache. Do you have a computer with onboard serial?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
                  Lets be honest for fuel and air it is good enough. Interfacing is the only headache. Do you have a computer with onboard serial?

Comment

Old ecus can be tempramental with converters. Old windows should be fine possibly preferable.

If you do a search for posts by bumpstart on ausrotary or rx7 club he describes the software/firmware and best converter to try with the e series.

Are you in the guild of efi tuners facebook group? I can add you.

Comment

Comment

As its base it is just simple multiplication.

Not sure what is or isn't on the engine already. If you want to avoid throttle bypass/kicker you can create stable idle with a hole in the timing map. Old ecus are probably better as you have to think about what you are actually doing with injector flow rate/dead time/open time and engine flow etc. I will be attempting to mill various sparkplugs so i can pressure log different stuff. If i can find somewhere cheap to crash i'm happy to come to Canberra if you want to do an article on tuning via combustion pressure logging once you have roughed in fuel.

Comment

Sounds like a plan!

Comment

what are the details on the V8? is is variable cam timing? what sort of triggering? Those are the details that will determine if the e6x will run it.

Comment

Comment

e6x can do all that. just need a older laptop with a serial port.

Comment

Working...
                                X