Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, flashed up the ancient haltech on the bench. Got the usb to com port working (seems the trick is to assign it to COM1 in windows) and took a look at the map. At a guess and going off what the PO said itís probably set up for an SR20. At least I know it works (so far)
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Cool. I will have to try that with my netbook and see if i can connect to the FC dataloggit I have.

Start chasing dead time/flow rate info for your injectors and check what intake and coolant temp sensors you have, should be able to get resistance curve for them.

If you do all of that you should be able to get in the ballpark for a start and run map.

Comment

Ooooo yes! I very much like the way this is heading, continue as you are..
        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Unsure if I should rebuild the carbs and get it registered then pull the six pot, or pull it out now and hope for rego later on.
          Brakes all now work. About to start cutting plate for rust repairs.
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Did you catch that FB post on the 108/109 page about the bloke in Melbourne closing up shop? Seems he has a metric shitload of hard to find parts, if he has what I need for reasonable prices I might be doing a lightning roadtrip down there to pick up some stuff. I can ask him about carbs or carb kits if you like.
            Originally posted by Dimi
            80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
            Originally posted by schnitzelburger
            My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

I'd suggest rego first, mods later.

In an unrelated thought, cars in the ACT are only ever inspected for rego when first registered or when they change hands.

Comment

yeah my vote would be get it running rego'd drive whilst collecting bits for the swap.

then not do the swap and keep driving it

Comment

Yep, much easier to do rego first, mods second. Especially if the mods require eng cert.
                  Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Cheers. That means I need to persist with these damn carbs lol

Comment

x3
                      BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Cheers. That means I need to persist with these damn carbs lol
                        versus the option of pulling it apart, put all bits into boxes with nice labels , lose interest , move house 3 times , lose labels from boxes ,take to scrap and sell project engine on gumtree for 2 x fishtanks. and think how ace project cars are

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
                          Did you catch that FB post on the 108/109 page about the bloke in Melbourne closing up shop? Seems he has a metric shitload of hard to find parts, if he has what I need for reasonable prices I might be doing a lightning roadtrip down there to pick up some stuff. I can ask him about carbs or carb kits if you like.
                          Depending on where this guy is located, I can collect and store or post parts for PF guys.
                          VT, VH & C43

Comment

i have located a spare turbina around home for such hilarity Jim.

no wat I'm sayin
                            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

So many plans!

Comment

please turbo or supercharge the 6 for laughs

Comment

Working...
                                X