X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iíve been cutting and plating rust. I seem to have lost my metalwork mojo
    Very hard to build intricate shapes when I donít even have a vice lol
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Jim lives in a village in remote Canberra .
      Jim doesn't even have access to a working Vice
      for just $1 you can help Jim -and thousands of others in his village

Help Jim get a vice and reclaim his metalwork mojo, donate to the Vices for Canberra appeal

#VicesforCanberra

Comment

Fknlol pretty accurate
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

If only you didn't sell me that sheet metal bender!
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I know. Back then I had to sell a lot of things I knew I would need again.

Comment

Dude... That sucks.. I have vice but my bench is not proximal to the the merc

If you wanna come get bent let me know... [emoji3]

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

I've got lots of vices but they may not be helpful at this time.
                Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                Originally posted by nutttr
                People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Haha both super helpful!
                  All good. Iím slowly getting a workshop together again.

Comment

Made a start. My first go at forming up the shape was a monumental fuckup but the second go came out ok.
                    Bought an eBay MIG thinking it would be ok for sheet metal. I was wrong. Itís turned up to 11 just to weld 0.95 sheet. Also bought a disposable gas bottle of CO2 mix which lasted about 30 seconds so I need to buy a real bottle before I can continue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B7802D86-54A5-4A8B-B7AC-4F0517C80552.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	6612979
                    Rust always be worse than it looks. Much like political corruption, the bit you can see is only a tiny part of whatís hidden.

Name:	C945B20A-EDE6-4D4D-9C65-016F71636850.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	6612980
                    Chop chop

Name:	717FCB95-6ED8-42BA-AB42-57687D7548FF.jpeg
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	6612981
                    Out of gas. Got this far tho.

Fuck me Iíve really lost my metalwork mojo. Iím compensating with the grinder. Lucky this part will never see daylight when done.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

You look really different without a beard Jim.
                      Originally posted by Stix Z
                      i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

That was when I was short and needed the money.

Comment

:oh: :cry:
                          Classic Auto Fabrications:
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Itís all practice and this ainít gonna be a concours car.
                            But Iíll accept any help and advice available.

Comment

So Iíve been slowly getting stuff done. I donít care how bad my welding is, Iím having a go and I plan on getting it regoed in the next month or so.

Fuel tank is chock full of dirt. Has to come out anyway for the boot rust.
                              Got the drivers floor and front sill done. Judicious use of a door hinge welded to the pedal to replace the rusted out floor pivot.

Iíll get the tank flushed and stuff it with CAMS foam, and start welding up the wheel wells.

Name:	BF62F574-D0B8-44E9-A6E9-00654A32150D.jpeg
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	6614001Click image for larger version

Name:	03159CF4-03BE-456D-B48D-E313EE62A943.jpeg
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	6614002Click image for larger version

Name:	03B9027A-1148-45DB-8A8E-254DF3332F89.jpeg
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	6614003Click image for larger version

Name:	F863BEF0-0B83-42B9-8524-4A33246195D9.jpeg
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	6614004Click image for larger version

Name:	BC23C34F-2903-4BD1-BF42-83020F688E62.jpeg
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	6614005Click image for larger version

Name:	4A31A48A-906C-45F0-907D-69CC2C79220F.jpeg
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	6614006Click image for larger version

Name:	FC21044A-5A62-4BBF-9EDC-ADEFB5A5C114.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	6614007Click image for larger version

Name:	49E41763-E90B-4A0E-B2C1-873EBB654E11.jpeg
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	6614008

Comment

Good work Jim, that welding looks 11tt X better than anything I could come up with! Good work!
                                Originally posted by thebluerx7
                                The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Working...
                                X