Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
    You forgot the age old fav - "Why are you modifying it for? Do you think you know better than the Mercedes engineers?" Like the world and technology hasnt moved on since 1968....
    Oh yeah this bullshit in spades.

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    Regarding the programming to get the CR21 working, I think we need this, which I have but have never used;

Or we also have the Kess, and I just got a K-Tag as well, but haven't tested it yet, it's a hand-me-down from a mate but he used it quite a bit and it's fine, he says.
    Awesome. Should I go ahead and solder in the CR1 and then wait until you are able to visit?
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I'd be ditching the Merc ECU personally, it's great when everything is connected and within spec, but it's a complete pain in the arse if something is missing or you need to get more indepth with the ECU.

Comment

Problem with the other options is you need to buy 16x coils, and find an ECU that can run 16x coils, dual variable valve timing, drive by wire keeping the stock throttle body, and work with all the original sensors.
        Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
        Originally posted by nutttr
        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

^
          |
          This

I will have to go aftermarket eventually especially as I want to do forced induction at some point but for now I need to avoid spending huge chunks of cash I do t have.
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I've only ever used Xentry/STAR on 2 X w211's but I'm surprised it's asking you for a VIN and not reading it from the ecu itself. .
            Maybe you haven't connected enough wires for proper functionality yet?
            What year model did the motor come from?

Comment

Quite likely! Though thereís only 4 wires for OBD to connect. Iíll double check.
              Itís a 99-2000 model ml430 ecu.

Comment

Hmm, iirc that's the "dumb" ECU, ie simple one without all the other crap from the sedans.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                  Hmm, iirc that's the "dumb" ECU, ie simple one without all the other crap from the sedans.
                  Cool. Thatís good to know.

The 4.3L has twin plug and DBW but doesnít have the VVT etc that the 5.0 and 5.5L has. So thankfully itís a bit simpler to set up but the 16 coil arrangement adds complications. ML and E series are the same ecu and wiring engine side. Itís only the 4.3 that doesnít have vvt.

Comment

I'm not sure what jim is up to now with this talk of DBW , OBD,VVT , ECU, VIN ,CAN, EFI, FYI ,2JZ and all range of 3 letter acronyms

but I sure am enjoying this thread and anticipating the Merc back on the road.

go Jim go

Comment

Try to get the VIN out of the ECU with a little scan tool anyway, will need to have it for other reasons in the future anyhow.
                      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                      Originally posted by nutttr
                      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Measured the PCD yet?
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                          Measured the PCD yet?
                          75mm

Comment

I think if you ran it on 8 spark plugs you wouldn't be able to tell the difference...

Comment

Alfa 8 bolt is too small to be any use I suspect.
                              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

yeah SR and BMW also too small.

Comment

Working...
                                X