Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim, I watched this video again, and the dude seemed to indicate he used the Crossfire flywheel and clutch as well???

Comment

Must have drilled the shit out of the flywheel bolt holes!

I’m down at MB Spares picking their brains lol looks like merc flywheel options is no go in Aus at least.
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

That picture reminded me that I still like the first gen CLK. Are they$5k yet?

Comment

Yes they are lol
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Now what did you have to tell me that for?!

Comment

So MB Spares is closing down which is a shame. On the upside on the way back an MB wrecker in QLD I contacted via eBay randomly phon d me up to say he had some bits. Looks like he has a lot of good stuff! Even has a flywheel from the v6.
              Turns out, Chrysler changed flywheel crank bolt patterns in 06, which is the flywheel I have. So I need an 04 v6 one and it’ll fit. Niiiiccceee

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                So MB Spares is closing down which is a shame. On the upside on the way back an MB wrecker in QLD I contacted via eBay randomly phon d me up to say he had some bits. Looks like he has a lot of good stuff! Even has a flywheel from the v6.
                Turns out, Chrysler changed flywheel crank bolt patterns in 06, which is the flywheel I have. So I need an 04 v6 one and it’ll fit. Niiiiccceee
                Depending on location, I can go check stuff out for you if you need?
                I may have just purchased a $100 chunk of aluminium to turn into a custom flywheel for my shitbox...
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Score!
                  Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                  Originally posted by nutttr
                  People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Two forward one back haha “oh you meant a manual flywheel? Nope don’t have one of those”
                    Wtf is an automatic flywheel.
                    At least I know what I need now. I’ll try a crossfire wrecker again.

Comment

Das Dachgepäckträger Träger

Der Fußgängernichtzone

Das Boot

Can tell the parents above haha.

Jim, can you do is a favour re mb spares? They may have some awesome stuff? I wonder if cam's Crawford w116 wagon is there?
                      Originally posted by thebluerx7
                      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Der Fickenwagen.

Comment

Originally posted by bahaimus View Post
                          With the very low tum!

Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
                            Jim, can you do is a favour re mb spares? They may have some awesome stuff? I wonder if cam's Crawford w116 wagon is there?
                            Which one did Cam buy again? John had 2, the blue one that he dailyed for years and a stripped shell that I tried to buy years ago.

Comment

No idea. I can ask if you give me a bit more detail.

Thanks to Captain Slow and Rowdy for the help today! It’s looking like a car again.

Comment

Q. How many bureaucrats does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Two, which is why Rowdy and I went around today to help Jim out, as not only is Jim not two bureaucrats, he’s not even one.

I was a bit alarmed upon arrival as the last time I saw this car it was a fully assembled vehicle, but Jim seemed to be achieving the opposite of progress and now it wasn’t.

Furthermore, perhaps in some sort of rage, Jim appeared to have cut a large hole in the boot floor.

However, we were too polite to mention this and set about doing what we could to help Jim solve his beer oversupply problem and reassemble said vehicle.

Not only did we change the lightbulbs, but because I like making cars shiny, the headlight surrounds got some love too.

As Rowdy disassembled the other headlight, a stick fell out. Oh, how we laughed.

Then on reassembly we realised it was acting in place of a missing clip.

So we found the stick again.

Jim sadly does not have a pointing hand on a stick, so we were forced to make do:

Meanwhile at the non-pointy end, Jim had been busy:

One day dirt will stop falling out of this car, but today was not that day.

Some electrickery was performed which enabled the tail lights to be connected and produce interesting but ultimately non-ADR-compliant lighting effects. But by this point being 5pm on a winter day in Canberra a blizzard started to come in the garage door and we couldn’t risk being snowed in so we called it a day.

Solid progress for three hours’ work. 5/7 would help drink Jim’s beer again.

Here’s one final photo of Jim’s magnificent machine, and also his Merc.

Comment

Working...
                                X