Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with the 16 coil deal, don't late model hemis have 2 plugs per cyl? is there an affordable option for them?
    Originally posted by Skompa
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	337A11D1-247E-49C6-9835-E4783B33F53F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	6615068
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Fknlol Marco best write up ever!

Briney, yeah looks like they may work. They are coil on plug but I recon I could just put leads and caps on them.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Taillights work better when they have an earth wire. Who knew?

Comment

Ok, Iím not confident I can get a wiring diagram for the 4.3. I have one for the V6 but thereís some differences in how they pin out at the ecu. The diagram I have doesnít 100% match the engine plugs. Anyone have access to mb diagrams??
            Iíve bought manuals on CD/PDF and none cover the v8. Local MB place wants to charge me $120 to look at their shop manual and Iím considering it. MB forums and Facebook have given responses ranging from general confusion to open hostility so no help there.

Iím prepared to wing it but would rather not. Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

I have the MB WIS (Workshop Information System) which has test procedures for every conceivable part in the car..
              I entered a VIN from a '99 ML430 I found for sale and the only wiring diagrams shown are for the alternator and the starter...

I'm thinking the techs who use this just work through all the diagnostics for each related component until they get to the step that says 'replace the wiring harness' and don't actually do any fault finding of the wiring systems, and therefore don't need the drawings..

??

Comment

Yeah Iím thinking youíre right lol

Comment

Yeah, Mercedes was abit funny in regards to that sort of thing. You have to remember this was during the whole "green" movement in Germany so manufacturers adopted the theory that the car would be recycled before it requires that sort of repair. Warranty repairs to the wiring would involve a full replacement.

Comment

Far off from rego?
                    BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Name:	3B740671-962B-4DE6-A5EE-20E8C780FBCA.jpeg
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	6615110

Name:	6DA44A98-9868-4B6B-BFA3-6928FFA8BF0C.jpeg
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	6615111

Nope! Probably 2 hours of work (3 weeks in real time now due to work travel etc). I need to finish one bit of welding, skim with bog and primer, refit the fuel tank then good to go.

Had a really good lunch break today. Got some welding done until I ran out of wire, so I got the tail light wiring sorted. Everything works now!

Comment

It concerns me that you managed to achieve more on your own in a lunch break than three of us did in an afternoon.

Note I say concerned, not surprised

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                            It concerns me that you managed to achieve more on your own in a lunch break than three of us did in an afternoon.

Lol

Great work Jim
                            Originally posted by thebluerx7
                            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post

Ha!

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Name:	988E0226-1FFF-497A-9871-705F44F702A0.jpeg
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	6615126

Name:	AD07BCB9-4871-4E75-B885-16F693DF2F45.jpeg
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	6615127

Ok all rust done. Seam sealer installed and waiting for rattle cans.
                                Then itís just minor jobs then rego attempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X