Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Ok all rust done.
    Is that what you call it :p
    Classic Auto Fabrications:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Yep. I donít plate-bash for a living :D
      Just for that Iím sending it to you to fix all my fuckups!
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Just for that Iím sending it to you to fix all my fuckups!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	aef50301d056b522f7d092eb9dbfcc25 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	6615135
        Classic Auto Fabrications:
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Boot done. Tank back in. No more rust to do (that I can find).
          Now onto more interesting things. Next step is a permit for a test drive to make sure itíll get through rego, then if all is ok, rego.

Iíve decided Iíll persist with the stock ecu to start with and if it gives the slightest hint of not working Iím going to run 16 second hand LS1 coils and the old Haltech. Iíll go to modern gear and forced induction later on after Iíve saved my pennies for however long it takes.

Name:	48BB0648-47FF-4C9D-BDF6-D0E5B1091E9B.jpeg
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	6615315
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Boot done. Tank back in. No more rust to do (that I can find).
            Now onto more interesting things. Next step is a permit for a test drive to make sure itíll get through rego, then if all is ok, rego.

Iíve decided Iíll persist with the stock ecu to start with and if it gives the slightest hint of not working Iím going to run 16 second hand LS1 coils and the old Haltech. Iíll go to modern gear and forced induction later on after Iíve saved my pennies for however long it takes.
            good idea. get it going first, once it's running and driving, you can sort the other niggles.
            Originally posted by Skompa
            The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

So, hunt down a stock loom, map it and strip it?
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Have the stock engine loom. Itís the body side of the ecu I canít find.

Comment

Have the stock engine loom. Itís the body side of the ecu I canít find.
                  US wreckers too?
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107159[/ATTACH]
                    Geez thatís looking pretty good.
                    Originally posted by S
                    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Had booked in car time on the weekend using some built up husband points them my daughter got sick on Friday night, and we spent the whole weekend looking after her. Sheís on the mend now but it wasnít the best of weekends for any of us lol about 3 hours sleep between us since Friday.

Comment

righto.

ive seen the diagram for this engine. (had to go up to our merc dealer) the ecu is tied into the security system, which requires a response from all modules on its BUS to start the vehicle. meaning, without the rest of the cars loom and 7 other modules it wont run.
                        the actual diagram for all this shit is 64 pages....
                        i explained to the blokes there what you was upto, they all agreed that a haltec is the better option. sorry to be the bearer of shit news.

rob
                        Originally posted by Marv
                        Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Thanks Rob,
                          Apparently the emulator chip I have and the eeprom recode covers it. Others have managed to do it so it can be done.
                          Iíll give it a go but also fairly sure itís going to get a haltech.

Comment

So change of plans. Motor needs more attention than I cbfíd doing the time and money on. Also it seems itís been sold to someone overseas so Rowdy and Captain Slow came around today and helped me make a car hole. Thanks heaps guys! It was a fun afternoon!

V8 appears it will fit without sump mods and engine mounts are even very close. Tunnel, however, will need a significant adjustment - far more than the trusty hammer and block of wood method will cover. Iíll have to give that a big chop.

Comment

Name:	CF993955-3145-4D0C-A077-34E62DA0F9CC.jpeg
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	6615488

Name:	15FA6AE1-58F0-4C37-B7D7-5CC3CEC9826C.jpeg
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	6615489

Name:	835875DC-4AA8-48C9-9B9E-336DD52FD794.jpeg
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	6615490

Name:	CE442C98-0119-4F89-B1AA-51CBE5F49B4C.jpeg
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	6615491

Also the stock motor and box dressed weighs in at a whopping 280kg. New combo weighs in at 205 plus clutch and flywheel.

Comment

Fuck yeah! This is going to be so good!

Comment

Working...
                                X