Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah should be, or I can knock the ring gear off and run the flex plate, but the safest and easiest is probably changing the sensor.

It also means at some point I can hand the whole assembly over to Mantic for a custom job when shit gets real.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
      haha

took 10 mins - slipping irsa76
      I was shocked Jim would admit to anything Citroen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in the hole for a test fit without the gearbox. Itíll sit higher than Iíd like but itís well within reason and I wonít need to do a rack conversion.

Canít test fit with the gearbox until I pull the heater and chop the tunnel.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Have hacksaw and stand ready to assist

Comment

Who's got the sawsall?
            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	583DCD42-91D3-4BC3-B27E-D1A0CD77C335.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	6616234Hold that thought!!
              It may not be needed.
              Engine sitting roughly where it needs to go. Original engine mounts seem to work albeit relocated on the crossmember (easy two bolt job) and gearbox seems roughly in the right spot. Will check further on the weekend. Only just so much I can do at lunch.

So far all I need to do is cut some of the lip off the crossmember on one corner. The exhaust logs I will swap side to side. I put them on to confirm steering box clearance and itís sweet for that. Going to stick with log manifolds. For reasons.

Comment

I have no firm plans for Saturday or Sunday arvo if you want a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  The exhaust logs I will swap side to side. Going to stick with log manifolds.

Hmm, is that the sweet scent of twin turbos I detect?

Comment

Originally posted by bahaimus View Post

Hmm, is that the sweet scent of twin turbos I detect?
                    Ahhh that sweet sweet aroma of fried cross plys mixed with melted clutch.

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Good progress!
                        Originally posted by thebluerx7
                        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

So shiny!
                          Huge shout out to Captain Slow who wields glue remover and oven cleaner like a boss.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53D51F58-910D-4191-B679-1A575454C187.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	6616258

Comment

Must admit between the oven cleaner and this on the roof of the car I thought we were baking a cake today:

Engine bay cleaned up surprisingly well. Before and after says it all:

Also, I continued my impression of an incompetent first year apprentice by trying to put an engine mount bolt in the wrong way. Hey, I make cars shiny, not fix them

Comment

Wow! That's quite an improvement.
                              Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                              Originally posted by nutttr
                              People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Nice one Marco..looks amazing compared to what it did!

Good to see you blokes this morning.. Wish I wasn't spending my day helping with the heavy lifting for the nopics massive front yard project.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                                2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Working...
                                X