Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did you use the baking powder?
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

I've used baking powder and white vinegar to clean grease and crap off my BBQ plates in the past, I'm guessing same method here. Works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        how did you use the baking powder?

Didnít use it. It was only there to get a rise
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I am enjoying the progression of your automobile

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Didnít use it. It was only there to get a rise
            Golfclap.gif

That comment didn't get the recognition it deserved.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
              I've used baking powder and white vinegar to clean grease and crap off my BBQ plates in the past, I'm guessing same method here. Works well.
              Depends.

Can use Bicarb or Baking Soda which is BiCarb Soda and Potassium Bitartrate mixed with a damp cloth to clean up bright metals, also breaks down most oxidation on alloys when used with a stiff brush and brings them up well. Is handy to clean metal stuff before breaking out polish and elbow grease trying to get a stuffed plating to shine.

The vinegar trick would work well for terminating mould that has latched into the paintwork. That said careful use of thinners will also sort that shit out.
              ---
              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Jim, I ended up googling how to remove the dashboard wood after we had a look at it and...let's just say it was a good call not to attempt it in the time we had on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                  Jim, I ended up googling how to remove the dashboard wood after we had a look at it and...let's just say it was a good call not to attempt it in the time we had on Saturday.
                  Remove rhe left headlight then the right taillight sort of thing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

wait until the oil pressure gauge leaks on the timber, then it gets oiled by itself

Comment

Heh yeah thatís a battle for another day.
                      Had another look at the mounts. I think Iíd rather use a two post type as Iíll need to plate and weld if I try and use the stock ones, which are rubbish anyway.

Anyone able to tell me how tall VY LS1 mounts are? I need something at least 55mm but no higher than 70mm.
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

The whiteline LS1 mounts I have a about 70-75mm
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20181015_171148 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	6616288

Comment

Awesome thanks for that! I had been looking at these and I recon they will work perfectly.
                          Got your PM too. Waiting to hear back from Uncle.

Comment

Bought them at automotivesuperstore.com.au. Can highly recommend the seller

Comment

Ordered the mounts from Automotive Superstore and they arrived next day. Awesome service!
                              Test fitted the mounts and everything clears.

Name:	951464A6-7A1B-4481-8374-ED4D2A44D416.jpeg
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	6616433

Neither exhaust manifold will fit without modification. Passenger side is a minor change to the flange angle. Drivers side is a headfuck thanks to the steering box. I wrecked a CLK320 which had the modular V6 version of the V8 I am using. The V6 for some reason has an up and over manifold, and it comes soooo close to being the right shape, so I might tweak that a bit and weld the right angle pipe to the front for the 4th cylinder, or modify the V8 manifold do look similar to the V6.

Name:	8B1ACF1B-4CEA-4B9D-BFA4-EFCF075D1671.jpeg
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	6616434

Like a fuckjng gloooove! Everything clears. Crossmember, steering, all looking good.

Name:	3239809F-5378-4523-A429-DAF229B659D7.jpeg
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	6616435

Comment

Nice. The exhaust will loop through the front even NA?

Comment

Working...
                                X