X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah cool!
    Originally posted by S
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]109848[/ATTACH]
      Awesome progress
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Classic Auto Fabrications:
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Thanks gents. I appreciate the encouragement, especially when progress is so slow.
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Thanks gents. I appreciate the encouragement, especially when progress is so slow.
            Still faster than mine man!
            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

If it's better than it was yesterday, it's one step closer to being finished.

('zif these things are ever finished...)
              Originally posted by Billzilla
              Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
              Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

Only minor things today. Motor back in. Again.
                Has to come out again though. Again.
                fuck me this thing's been in and out more than Freddy Mercury's prolapse.

So anyway, I pulled the inlet off and found it has two knock sensors, which is a good thing. I may even be able to reverse the manifold to front intake if I use a 70mm spacer but then it'd place the injectors 70mm higher than ideal so I doubt I'll bother.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6698.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	6617098

The brake booster fitting was fucked so ordered new quick release bits from mercedes which was really cheap. Unfortunately the last part that sits in the inlet port is part of the manifold, which is NOT cheap. I dug all the devcon and silicone out of the old one to find this:

Name:	IMG_6699.jpg
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	6617097

Fuck. Thanks whoever used to own this motor. Cunts.
                I'll tap it deeper and fit a brass fitting.

Also found having the cross member and engine dangling in the air while the car is on stands is really bad for the subframe/crossmember mounts lol one step forward one step sideways.

Name:	IMG_6700.jpg
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	6617096

Gingerbeer came around (thanks heaps! CA18guy!) which gave me the chance to ask if I could - "No.". Ok, what about...? "No." Oh. What if I... "No."
                Ok, can I put two turbos and a supercharger on it with 14in stockies?
                "Yes, that's fine".

Sweeeet.
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Way to paraphrase my man

Comment

w114/115/107/116 subframe mount always fuck out. Got to do mine on my 107, while I struggle doing the heads.

fucking old mercs.

Comment

Injectors futher from ports is better for power. 70mm shouldn't be terrible and haltech may have adopted the wet wall fuel model adaptronic/oems/motec(?) Run by the time you are ready to tune it anyway so idle/cruise/transients shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Is the outer bearing too far inboard too?
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

No, outer bearing seems spot on.

Comment

Name:	50D9A0FA-FF9C-4106-AEC3-61A973D44D49.jpeg
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	6617763

Name:	534A5B6F-1D54-4471-9A62-B29DF5F72555.jpeg
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	6617764

Name:	7DEA39D9-A5CE-45D2-9558-E69F605B0BDD.jpeg
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	6617765

Now I can get onto bolting it all in permanently and the wiring etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X