Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent!
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Nice man!
      BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Good stuff mate!

Comment

Might as well leave these here...

People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Nice one Jim- and happy birthday too BTW!

Jack- I reckon that's the angle it'll have out of the fishhook at wakefield

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

/\ Samoan driver?
              Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Here is a version without busted suspension.
                Originally posted by brasher
                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Also - awesome work on the progress.
                  Originally posted by brasher
                  TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Cheers gents.
                    TJ yeah I saw that on faceplant. Extremely clean example!
                    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Hereís what it looks like underneath. Tailshaft and centre bearing in place. No binding when I rotated it all by hand and it all lines up really well.
                      So far itís been easier (and cheaper) than fitting an ls1 into a VN.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7154FD63-3C1E-4FDE-A137-51FDD81D5872.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	6617774

Click image for larger version

Name:	8414C378-D475-43E4-9441-523509A457F6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	6617775

Next job is to decide whether to run a VN V8 radiator which is both cheap and common and almost fits in place, or the much better designed lighter and wider Mercedes radiator that needs significant fabrication to fit.

Iím leaning towards the Mercedes one because itís better and Iím an idiot.
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                        Might as well leave these here...

Huh ?
                        yeah

-I can just see Jim as the only Gringo in the Mexican lowrider gang (Canberra Chapter)

Comment

Did you know that back in 1993 a mate and I brought in two hydraulics kits from Reds in south central LA; the first comp spec low rider kits in Australia. He fitted his to a yank LTD wagon painted pastel lime (later seen at Summernats a few times) and I was too poor at the time to buy a suitable car and install my kit so I sold it some years later unused.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            Did you know that back in 1993 a mate and I brought in two hydraulics kits from Reds in south central LA; the first comp spec low rider kits in Australia. He fitted his to a yank LTD wagon painted pastel lime (later seen at Summernats a few times) and I was too poor at the time to buy a suitable car and install my kit so I sold it some years later unused.
                            I did not know that

Comment

Nice progress

Comment

Cheers mate!
                                Minor progress. Iím onto the radiator challenge now. I tried a couple of Falcon and commodore ones but the best fit is the CLK radiator. The fan is too deep to work so Iíll use a narrow single fan and make a shroud.
                                Wiring is off getting morphed into something to work with a haltech (Iíll never have time to do it).

I found a bit more info on the gearbox - they are rated for about 380Nm and the 4.3 puts out 400Nm stock lol so Iíll be relying on rubber fuses until I work out a better gearbox option before I go forced induction.
                                The wheels I want (for stage 1a) are $100 each lol but the tyres are $600ea. I have a mental picture and a plan for what I want from this car before it ever goes for paint and beautification, whether anyone else will appreciate it is anyoneís guess though.
                                Iíve been mixing and matching brake options and I recon Vito front rotors with hilux calipers will work albeit with some dogbone brackets. Early is hilux is supposed to have the 3.5in (87.9mm?) Bolt spacing but the ones that arrived are 127.5mm (5in) but fuck it they fit in the 14in rims and are the right piston area.

The exhaust should be the last engineering challenge for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X